Sunday, August 19, 2012

Dan Bongino Agonistes



Dan Bongino Agonistes
Res Ipsa Loquitor

It's easier to have a stroke than for a Republican to win any elective office in MD.  Nevertheless  Daniel Bongino, running against Ben Cardin for Senate,  has created more buzz than is normal.  Given that with each passing day democrats here are becoming less enthused about election day 2012, it is not impossible to imagine Bongino winning, so stuff like this thing MoSup just told me are maddening.

One of her church friends told he last week that she was hosting a house party for Bongino, and that she would be invited.  MoSup was very much interested (me too).  Today her friend told her that she was contacted by Bongino's advance team to firm up plans.   Which included charging attendees $75.  Upon which she bowed out of her commitment.  "I am not going to charge my friends $75 to attend any function in my home."

Yes, Bongino needs money to run his campaign, but unless he has people banging on his door to host events, wtf?  I'm quite sure that anyone attending would have, of their own volition, opened  pocketbooks after meeting him.  Maybe not $75; but maybe $750?  BTW, I have run one political campaign (for a friend), so I do have a sense of these things.

 I do hope like hell Dan wins, but I tell you this.  If you hear about an upset in MD's senate race, you will also hear that Romney took all 50 states (but not DC), and that no Senate Dem was reelected. . Now, we're off to give Bongino $25.  It's what we can afford. 

               

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's hoping your election day dreams are fulfilled despite Bongino having an advance team that behaves like a bunch of Obama supporters. - Skyhawker Doug

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.