Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Face it?


Would Hitler Have a Facebook Account Today?

Res Ipsa Loquitor

Beware, Tech Abandoners. People Without Facebook Accounts Are 'Suspicious.'

Slashdot flagged a German news story in which an expert noted that mass murderers Anders Breivik and James Holmes both lacked much of a social media presence, leading to the conclusion, in Slashdot’s phrasing, that “not having a Facebook account could be the first sign that you are a mass murderer.”

Silliness, wot. But, I know this.  If Adolf Hitler or Joe Stalin were alive today, social media participation would not just be encouraged, it would be mandatory. And, to answer the question— yes, I believe Schickelgruber would be on Facebook, as would Lenin and Mao; but not Stalin.


7 comments:

DougM said...

Heyyyy!
I don't have an account, either.
Just 'cause I'm quiet, keep to myself, kind of a loner,
nobody should think I'd do anything like that.

Jess said...

I had an account, but I realized all that nice, daily optimistic crap ruined my seething anger.

bocopro said...

So . . . am I in danger of being arrested as a public threat because I don't even OWN a goddam cellfone?

Azamatterafact, I don't even carry a credit card. And I don't have a laptop. And I've never watched a reality show on TV.

And . . . AND . . . I've never made an on-line purchase.

Guess I must be some kinda troglodyte, huh, or perhaps posing as Amish?

Chuck Martel said...

We always were suspicious that Mom and Dad had a dark side.

Anonymous said...

...So you guys better be nice to me!
GrinfilledCelt

Anonymous said...

My gun club has begun screening applicants facebook accounts. It is amazing, and occasionally downright disturbing, what some folks put on there. I'd dang sure be checking it were I looking to hire somebody these days. Or if I were curious about my daughter's date. Or my son's, for that matter.

Sir H

Kristophr said...

My facebook account is dead blank except for a link to my LinkIn page, which has a copy of my resume.

And the email for both of these is my work and serious business only email.

Kids have no clue just how much info they let hang out all over.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.