Saturday, August 18, 2012

Is there a skeeter on ur peter?

                                                                                                                                                                                          Gizmos   
Therapik Bug Bite Relieving Gadget Review:
We Can’t Believe This Actually Works



Using It

You put the tip of the Therapik onto your bug bite, then you press and hold down the button. The tip uses light to heat the bite up. You hold it there for as long as you can take it, up to a minute. The burning sensation gets pretty intense after 30 seconds or so.

The Best Part

It actually works! Mosquito bites (the only thing we tested it with) stopped itching within a few seconds of taking it off, and in most cases they never itched again. We are officially stunned.

Tragic Flaw

It looks so crappy and bad that most people will dismiss it before ever trying it.

Oh, right.  Wait until summer is over why don't you?  I bet the soldering gun you never use would work the same way however.


8 comments:

I-RIGHT-I said...

I'd sure like to attend one of your garage sales Rodge. The amount of "treasure" you've accumulated must be enormous.

This thing? Try it on a fire ant sting and get back to me.

DJMoore said...

When I was an adolescent, I used to get rashes across the tops of my feet. Sometimes the itch would wake me up at night.

My doctor recommended that I turn the bathtub water on "hot as you can stand it" and spray it over my feet.

The resulting sensation was nearly orgasmic. Not a burn, not an itch, but partaking of both and very intense. It would last for a second or two, then fade to just being very hot.

And the itch would be gone.

A year or so ago, I got a case of jock itch. Tried it there, too, and yes, "nearly orgasmic" still applied.

I am kicking my self for not thinking of applying the principle to bites like this. Wow.

Anonymous said...

"There's a skeeter on my peter, Whack it off!"
Yes, Roger, some of us are old enough to still sing this song. You should see the dirty looks from my children when I sing this to their children! Grab fun while you can, you may get hit by a bus.

Buzz D.

Anonymous said...

I could have used this in the Sierras last month. I did learn though that 25% DEET Backwoods Off (Dry) kept the skeeters off, and when I got lazy about applying it, I became accustomed to the bastards in about two weeks. They just didn't bother me anymore. Maybe I smelled that bad.

Casca

Anonymous said...

Wonder if it works on no-see-ums or chiggers.

Anonymous said...

If that little thing works on a skeeter bite my old BernzOmatic should do a hell of a job.

Now where did I leave it last time I used it to light my pipe?

Anonymous said...

I used to be a skeeter magnet. I'd get hit 5 times for every one in the rest of my family until I found the cure. During the season, I take a ginger capsule a day. It takes 3 or 4 days to build up in my system. After that, almost no bites and the ones I get are very small. I have seen them land and take off. I don't smell or taste good anymore. Try it.

Annoyed White Male

Cheesy said...

Jungle Juice From REI, if the EPA hasn't banned it. 99% DEET, repels damn near everything.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.