Saturday, August 04, 2012

New York, You’ve Changed



The Filming Locations of Annie Hall, Part 1

“New York, You’ve Changed” is a Scouting NY feature in which the New York depicted in classic movies is compared with the city of today, a full shot-by-shot dissection to see what once was and what has changed. Side note: I think this concept would make for an excellent coffee table/photo book, and if anyone might be interested (ahem TASCHEN ahem), please contact me!

Annie Hall may just be the best movie ever made in New York. [Full]

I don't think so, but that begs the question.  Don't matter. I'm fascinated with projects like this, and have been a fan of Scouting New York for some time.  Yes, I do like NYC.  I even like the people I know there.  I also think they're among the most politically ignorant people extant, but the city pops.


2 comments:

leelu said...

Care about neither the movie nor the town.

Alear said...

Love NYC. Lived on Times Square in 1987, enjoyed everything but the job. Taught HS lower east side, heart of the crack epidemic. I quit when I realized that I wanted the lil prick Hugo Dominguez to take a swing at me. This varsity wrestler had already planted the feet and adjusted the body to throw him out the fifth floor window. That window looked straight over to the World Trade Center.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.