Thursday, September 06, 2012

Been a good day after all



Res Ipsa Loquitor



I ought to be energized by this political season, but just now I'm gulping  Zoloft, Ritalin and Jack Daniels milkshakes by the mug full.  I like to know the rules of things I'm involved with.  I like order. If I lose according to Hoyle, no problem. I worked for a guy once—well not really worked for him since it was a 100% straight commission job, and I was making more money than I knew what to do with.  Then the guy started changing the rules (i.e. commission structure), and making demands on how I spent my time. I saw him as a liar and cheat, and couldn't work for him anymore.

I felt that way in 1992 while watching Bill Clinton debate President Bush 41 (whom he called "Mr. Bush").  Clinton just made shit up.  How can you debate a guy like Clinton, a sociopath who believes every lie he utters is true?  Like claiming a leading, unnamed, economics professor had looked at his economic plan (raise taxes) and called it genius.  Later we found out the " professor" was a college teacher nobody had ever heard of.   Didn't matter. Media never called him on it.  Everyone knew  he was lying every day for eight years, but the media was just agog over his ability to lie and get away with it. I saw him as a liar and cheat; couldn't understand why everyone didn't.  Unlike today, when we expect a corrupt, sycophantic press, before Clinton it wasn't quite that blatant.

That's where I am now, listening to the daily dispatches from the Obama mill.  Where are the rules?  It's not like nobody's paying attention; look at Drudge.  His whole page is filled with preposterous stuff.  It don't matter.  Obamunists don't look, won't listen, are unreachable and don't care. They know this is a civil war- they started it. There are no rules for them.

I'm like you.  Get so frustrated that my head turns to doing things that will help.  Earlier tonight I flew a P-51 over the Charlotte - whatever place they're at.  Strafed the crap out of them.  When I landed, a bunch of guys had captured Harry Reid and Axelrod trying  to escape.  I said, stuff 'em in boys, and I flew them over a working volcano in Iceland and dropped them in.  In my absence the Barn Army captured the whole gaggle of them at the convention.  I  ordered them chained in the hold of an old Navy laundry ship where they will spend the rest of their lives.  Never allowed to  read a newspaper.  Just eat and poop, like Philip Nolan. 

They offered to make me King, but I refused, saying this is still a democratic republic, and we will go back to square one. Hold new elections.  I gave them a list of who would win.  Mitt Romney  is president,  and  will do a nice job;  given that every member of Congress, and every federal judge is a Teaparty member in good standing (as determined by Sarah Palin).

I feel fucking great!  Buy Bohn Aluminum.

















          

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

"They know this is a civil war- they started it. There are no rules for them. " This current era is reminiscent of 1930's Spain...
RAK

Anonymous said...

Meant in the good way, of course.

thoR~

Anonymous said...

Funny , my Daughter lust gave me a "BOHN" T-shirt the other day ! Can I be on Yer ground crew ? SMIBSID ; ) >

Anonymous said...

I really do not think, from a Global Warming perspective, that it is advisable to fly all the way to Iceland just to ax the Axe. Planting him next to Jimmy Hoffa would make a lot more sense, environmentally speaking.

Freddie Sykes

DougM said...

Swell …
now you've pissed off the volcanoes.
Your screed rings true, however.
Whatever serves their ends is considered true.
Their End™ (workers' paradise or whatever) is the ultimate morality, therefore whatever helps attain The End™ must also be moral.
A lie is The Truth™ if it serves The End™.

Anonymous said...

I always knew when I was exceeding my sales expectations when I got the old "We need to revisit the Commission structure" speech...Time to leave...

Anonymous said...

Good job Rodger. Love the Typhoon graphic.
Lt. Col. Gen. Tailgunner dick

Anonymous said...

You rock Rodger. 5 stars. I felt like I was there.

Steve W. in KY

Helly said...

I'm glad you feel great, Rodger. I feel great too.

1. Yesterday I put in an order for a load of custom fabricated steel. It's not aluminum or brass, but it is heavier than I can carry.

2. Trader Joe's and Costco just opened for business in Sarasota. I secured a bag of yams on my recon shopping trip.

3. I live for mixed metaphors, and that's a doozy. "Working volcano" = working P-51 + active volcano. Love it.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.