Sunday, October 28, 2012

I AM A RACIST- And So Are You

Her Price- A Free Cell Phone
YOU ARE A RACIST
Me Too
Her Price- A Free Cell Phone


Racial attitudes have not improved in the four years since the United States elected its first black president, an Associated Press poll finds Those views could cost President Barack Obama votes as he tries for re-election.
Martin Luther King defined today's operative word— "judging not by their character, but by the color of their skin."  So when I read "AP poll: Majority harbor prejudice against blacks," it was a "duh" moment for me.  Because I am a racist by definition.  And so are you.  And so are a statistical 100% of Americans, I'll wager.. 

Today's New York Times makes my point.



WHEN African-Americans go to the polls next week, they are likely to support Barack Obama at a level approaching the 95 percent share of the black vote he received in 2008. As well they should, given the symbolic exceptionalism of his presidency and the modern Republican Party’s utter disregard for economic justice, civil rights and the social safety net.

It is nigh impossible today to look at a person with black skin and not make an assumption about political character.   If they voted, or will vote, it will be for Obama.  It's a virtual statistical certainty.  That doesn't mean I would discriminate against blacks by, say, refusing to patronize their businesses.  It could factor into a hiring decision— if  good decision making skills were critical.

But Democrats are worse.  When they see a black skin, they see a commodity called "where the votes are." If black skin is worn by a person voicing support for the GOP, that person is deemed to have violated the franchise agreement, and will be set upon like a pig that wandered into at a Moslem wedding party (See Herman Cain, for one).

Ours, here, is not racism in the traditional sense; it's a manifestation of thinking man. We notice things. For Democrats however, racism is a tool.  Always has been.


16 comments:

Anonymous said...

How's it go? If you voted for Obama in 2008 to prove you're not a racist than you must vote against him now to prove you're not an idiot! -- Skyhawker, Doug

Anonymous said...

"Racial attitudes have not improved in the four years since the United States elected its first black president, an Associated Press poll finds, as a slight majority of Americans now express prejudice toward blacks whether they recognize those feelings or not."

From which one must conclude that the assumptions about racism were extrapolated from answers to questions like:
"Are you going to vote for Romney/Ryan or Obama/Biden?" or "Do you believe Eric Holder is guilty of covering up'Fast and Furious'?" or "Who do you hold responsible for the deaths of our Ambassador and three other Americans in the attach on Benghazi?"

Well, AP, you can kiss my shiny metal "racist" ass. -- Skyhawker, Doug

Anonymous said...

"attack", dammit! -- S,D

Skoonj said...

Barack Obama, Black Man's Burden.

toadold said...

Funny the polling indicates that Obama is going to get less than 85% of the "Black" vote and it is trending toward 80%. It seems that there are a lot of "stay at homes" and unemployed/under employed who are thinking "Yeah, yeah, it's all Bush's fault but what the h---(K) have you done for me lately."thinking out there. A drop from the 2008 95% to an 82 to 80% is going to really, really, hurt.

leelu said...

Yeah, well, OK, but I AM rational.

Based on the TROKF said about pigs at a muslim wedding, Obis will get 100% of the black vote. It's just that pool of "Officially Recognized Blacks" is shrinking, based on the the "logic" of black == vote for Obie.

Yes, I know, that's racist. So what?

Anonymous said...

Racism is believing one race is inherently superior to another. I am a culturalist!
Tim

I-RIGHT-I said...

I don't know about being racist leelu but that is the way it is. I really don't know what a racist is anymore. I'm pretty sure Darwin was a racist but lately I haven't seen any research like his that draws an equivalence to Africans and monkeys. It is somewhat interesting though that those who do idolize Darwin call those of us who believe that God created all men the racists more than anyone else. I guess that's just the way it is too.

Cheesy said...

Like the word 'discriminating' which used to mean being able to see fine distinctions and differences or to be discerning in matters of taste.
Now it's a synonym for racism.

Unknown said...

I judge a man by what he shows me, don't much give a large rats ass who likes or dislikes it or how it is labeled.

Helly said...

Two posts in one.

1. AP is simply taking the lead, which all other Lefty media will soon follow, to prewrite Barry40-O's election postmortem and their own.

IOW, News Week died because America is racist.

2. Rodge, if you need some catharsis or forgiveness or a hand up with personal failure, count on me.

But if you want to excuse your racism by pissing it all over me, all you're going to get is the business end of my golf umbrella. Retards have been calling me a racist since my 1st Tea Party in Montpelier. It just rolls off me now.

I have served Blacks, hired them, learned from them and taught them. I've laughed and cried and played with them. Because them is us. So when you mindless hate them, it just means you hate yourself.

A prayer for your Redemption.

Anonymous said...

Go to any farm pond , and you will see that race is a function of nature . The mallards will sit with their kind . The turtles will sit on their log together , and the geese will congregate in their own group . The problems arise when the groups mix , simple as that . The world works well with natural segregation , the way it was intended . Pretty simple I think . Now that that is settled , would you please post some TA TA's ? Thanks Boss ! ; ) > SMIBSID

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Helly. Huh?

Anonymous said...

Blacks need to get over their blackness.

They're not disliked because they're black.

They are hated just like anyone else who voted for Obama - regardless of skin color.

That's equality.

Cheesy said...

Anyone who doesn't have at least a healthy apprehension towards blacks has never lived in a neighborhood near large groups of them.
I vknow I never did, until I did.

Helly said...

I am so sorry. I read you 180º out of phase, and you are a prince to let me know.

Have a treat on me. This pre-election sobriety thing just isn't working out.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.