Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I'm Back in Power


Je suis de retour (I hefe-a retooned Swedish )


Res Ipsa Loquitor

Well that tweren't so bad.  Only 15 hours exactly before power was restored. 

For much of that time I only had my battery radio, and my little laptop to keep me amused,  I always learn stuff from radio in the middle of the night- when I could find a station not doing hurricane hysteria.  For instance, did you know that in his 8 years as president, G.W.  Bush created and signed 64 Executive Orders? And that in his 40 months,  Obama has created and signed 920 E.O.s?  That's nine-hundred- twenty folks, and almost all of them usurpations of the legislative branch. Which ties in nicely with my theory that Obama was imposed on us for the direct purpose of removing the last barrier to the New Word Order.  By assuming congressional prerogatives (while a democrat congress allowed it), he is just one strategic appointment to the SCOTUS away  from accomplishing his mission. 

After a fashion (Savage Nation had me insane), all this sort of thing wore on me. I was already then in a fragile state of mind, sitting here in the dark (MoSup flew off to France).  My little lap notebook was fully charged (3½ hours),  but without internet I could only play solitaire, or read downloaded books.  I only had two, and one of them was My Secret Life.  Reading that proved not to be a good idea because I was already in a state, and 20 or 100 pages nearly finished me off. 

Right now I'm making coffee and toasting a bagel.  Mo Sup is home from France. 



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, if R doesn't spend the first coupla weeks reading and rescinding EOs, we'll know where we stand....

Anonymous said...

Glad yer ok -- Hope MS enJOYed her trip to Frants!

e~C

Mike C said...

Down here in occupied northern Virginia we almost kept our power the whole time. Course, I stayed up most of the night, watching the lights flicker, waiting for the other shoe to drop. After Snowmageddon, I really, really hate the idea of losing power when it's cold. Course that might have something to do with having my mother-in-law weather the storm with us then.

I attribute our good fortune to NOVEC who did a good job of removing stupid trees. Guess up there you have to contend with more tree huggers (and incompetence)

Glad your ok.

DougM said...

Glad you came through without having to resort to using books made from, ohhh whatchacallit … oh, yeah, paper.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.