Wednesday, January 09, 2013

What's that zzzzzz noise?

                                                                                                                                                                                             Gizmos   
Rad Gadgets


Res Ipsa Loquitor

There's been several times when I was sorry I didn't have a Geiger counter, like whenever a Democrat took the presidency, but then everybody seemed of the same mindset and  prices were astronomical.  I guess most of that lot have theirs, and- the others are too young to recognize any threat to their well-being, save for climate change. 

Last week I went looking and found this on on E-Bay.  Bought it straightaway for $35 + shipping, and here it is.  This gummint surplus Geiger is in  pristine condition.  Put a "D" battery in at, did a circuit check and voila! 

I know what MoSup will say (because she already did).  "So what what good is it to know that you're being zapped by a million Islamo dirty bomb rads?" (not quite in those terms).  There are a hundred things which I won't bore you with because you'll figure them out. 

By the by - do any of you remember Missy Kelley? She recommended that I buy Nuclear War Survival & Skills in 1999, and I did.  It was a revelation, and I heartily recommend it to everyone as a guide.  Whoa, I just noticed that I mentioned this before - as one of my very first blog-spot posts in 2002.



8 comments:

I-RIGHT-I said...

My breadmaker does all that.

Anonymous said...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyPwJrPQO3g'>keepsafe</a>sesrnch9

Anonymous said...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyPwJrPQO3g'>keepsafe</a>

Anonymous said...

SCREW IT!

Jess said...

That brings back memories of the old watch my father let me have. It had radium paint on the dial, so it was always visible in the dark.

We had a fun day in science class when they dragged out the Geiger counter.

lip said...

Late to the game.

Anonymous said...

Hey folks, fergit amazon, here's your free copy.
http://www.nukepills.com/docs/nuclear_war_survival_skills.pdf
oy vey ole'

Hell_Is_Like_Newark said...

now all you need is some uranium:

http://unitednuclear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2_4

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.