Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Daniel Project

   At The Cinema                           



The Daniel Project 2011



This has been hanging around NetFlix for awhile, but I wasn't much into watching yet another of the Bible end-time prophesies.  Not that I discount the possibility of their truth, but because I've seen so many of them already.  I accidentally clicked on it last night—if you watch the beginning you'll understand why I wasn't immediately alerted to what ticket I'd  just punched,  When I did, it was too late; I was hooked. This is quite different from anything you've seen along this line before.  I have only included the last 13 minute wrap-up in this clip (Hulu allows that bit of engineering).

Since it's Bible prophesy being looked at, it's impossible of course to leave Judaism and Christianity out of it.  And Israel is central to Biblical prophesy.  What I hadn't put together before was how central.

At one point, leading up to what Christians call the Anti-Christ, a world leader who will unify the world with the promise of making everything okay again,  it's noted that Islam is waiting for the Mahdi; Buddhist the 5th Buddha, and even hippies, who worship lines in the sand, have someone which name I forget. So there's room for everyone. I'm telling you this to maybe overcome a reluctance you may have to watch anything with religious overtones. 

A blood curdling-for-me  moment is when Obama is shown prattling on about "what God  wants." Reading my mind, one of the commenters says, Obama was the first person to come to my mind, but since the (Anti-Christ) will be at first viewed as being full of wisdom and widely accepted; that's not possible.  Or to that effect.

Another interesting point is the prophesy that all people will be marked on their head and right hand with the mark of the beast.  Not to have that mark means you die.  Chip implants, anyone?  But what set me back on my heels was this question.  The Bible specifically says the mark will be on the Right Hand.  To what group would this have special significance?   (Who wipes there arses with the left hand? )
 
You can watch it in fill on Hulu (with advertising interruptions every 10 minutes) or on Netflix.  

For what it's worth.  If you were meant to watch it, you will.


11 comments:

Revernd Idaho Spud said...

OK I'll bite. I was going to watch something anyway after I get done reloading a few more hundred rounds for my security blanket but, I'm doing so reluctantly.

Following the statement "a world leader who will unify the world..." you knew right then it wasn't obongo.

Daniel K Day said...

I'm a Buddhist, and this is the first time I've heard of a "fifth Buddha". (I like fifths, but of a different sort.) My sect isn't waiting for anyone.
We return you now to your regular Christian broadcast...

Rodger the Real King of France said...

he musta been talking about the 5th Day Buddhists who are always knocking on my door selling rice cakes??

Anonymous said...

Fifth Buddha....

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Fifth+Buddha

Tony Neville said...

It might be an entertaining piece of fluff for a slow weekend, like "2012". Then I will need to locate an underutilized U.S. proxy server. Hulu is not viewable outside the U.S. and Dependencies.

Anonymous said...

reminded me of this reading of Ezekiel 38-9. When one reads these chapters and not knowing the historical geography it is confusing. This makes it easy to understand and see how close we are.

Also they talk about a fire that will burn for 7 years before they could go in to clean it up and it happens in the North of Israel.

When I heard that Israel was nervous about Syria. I thought, this would be the one thing that would unite the syrians, a war with Israel.

Don't be put off by the superfluous editing in 38, 39 gets better.

chapter 38
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTKVncf0G98

chapter 39
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTKVncf0G98

thoR~

I-RIGHT-I said...

Fun stuff but that's not the "Last Days" most of us should be worried about.

DougM said...

I don't worry that this might be the "end times."
I worry that it's not.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Doug - I am now positive that we are twins separated st birth - except you got the brains and I say the rosary.

Jon said...

I've studied eschatology (the study of last things) on and off for 30 years. The common mistake is that everyone is so fixated on the anti-Christ they forget he is preceded by the False Prophet. Yet you hardly hear anyone speak of him. The common belief among evangelical Christians for over a thousand years being that the false prophet would be a pope. Even a 10th century RC prophet, who named every pope up to the one that just retired, indicates the next one will be that false prophet who paves the way for anti-Christ.

All that being said a time of false peace is coming which will put folks off guard. "For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape." - 1 Thessalonians 5:3

Jon said...

Complete version available on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL23Ka-GZfg

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.