Friday, February 22, 2013

Top Gear Legacy

   At The Cinema                           


Top Gear—It Just Keeps on Giving 





Hurry up- you're getting married in 30 minutes- we're gonna be late!
  • Okay Okay - I'm almost ready

That was your boss.  If you don't have the new plan on his desk in 60 minutes,  he said don't bother at all
  • Okay Okay - I'm almost ready

[Answering machine] For the love of god man, I  know you're in there .  There's smoke pouring out of your windows!  GET out of there!
  • [Thought bubble] Okay Okay - I'm almost ready

We've all been there.  The book that's so gripping that you CANNOT put it down.  A television equivalent is the BBC's SPOOKS (or MI5).  Netflix has 10 series (11 is current). BBC says you can watch every episode here, but I'll be damned if I can get one started.  Has the BBC blocked the colonies?  Anyone know? .



By the By, this is another beauty I was introduced to by celebtities that drove the reasonably priced car on TopGear.  Others include, Doc Martin, *Little Britain (David Walliams), Anything with Jimmy Carr, Rob Brydon, Steve Coogan, and the Incredible Ranulph Fiennes. 

*Little Britain was sort of ca-ca early on, but it developed until, by the end, I was howling in anticipation of what I knew was coming.  Not for everyone.


Oh my, while I was assembling this post, el-jefe sent me this "Thank you, Jeremy" moment.

Res Ipsa Loquitor

Here's more 13 Moments That Show How The BBC's Biggest Star Is Also Its Brashest


I freely acknowledge that, if I lived in GB, I'd know that some or all of these people are the same left-wing drum beaters who've have left me unable to enjoy American movies and telly.  Don't tell me.  Please.




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gotta admire ANYONE who punches Piers Morgan. Of course, I've never had the chance.
Tim

Anonymous said...

I'd by Jeremy a beer, just for that. His Top Gear is so much better than the US wimpy beta male version.
RAK

Billll said...

Pissed off half of Britain did he? Good. The P.O.'d half can easily move to France.

Anonymous said...

Jeremy Clarkson, I thank you oh so much, dear chap. That bonkers fool needs a nose bleed, bloody quick.

Buzz D.

Ten Mile Island said...

Volkswagon: "...from Berlin to Warsaw in one tank."
.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being seduced by the British accent.
This T. V. show promotes a surveillance society and abortion.

Skoonj said...

Hehehe. You want a surveillance society? Try Person of Interest. It's a MUST SEE for every paranoid in the country, and one of my favorite shows.

Anonymous said...

If you want real cloak and dagger, try "The Unit" based upon "Inside Delta Force" available only on DVD. It is great except it tends to nosedive in it's final season after those that made it great left. All time Favorite of the genre.

thoR~

Anonymous said...

You want a real surveillance society that promotes abortion look outside your window,.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.