Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Elvis and Me




Old Times There Are Not Forgotten ...



Res Ipsa Loquitor
Francois  ca 2002

Francois just sent me this. There's a back story.

Back in the day I had, where my computer desk is now, a million watt stage amplifier, two 40" high stage speakers, assorted mixing equipment, a reverb, electronic drum, a floor mike and an electric gee-tar.  I'd open the windows and serenade passers-by with C-D-F-Em and G rock and roll music like House of the Rising Sun. For some reason nobody called the police. 

Francois  is my erstwhile neighbor.  He and wife Evvy were our companions in some of the best times we ever had as adults.  When Frank and I got looped, which was often enough, I'd walk him home so he didn't have to crawl.  Once there however, he had to hold me up so I could get home.  We often solved this circular loop with a couple more beers and some showtime!  At 2 AM.

 Frank has a terrific voice, and our favorite, by far, song was this very Elvis tune.  I wish we had recorded it.  But in my mind, it sounds just like this rendition.

Thanks Frank!


4 comments:

Mockingbird said...

Thank you so much for that!I tear up when ever I hear Elvis sing Dixie, and I did now too. Ben Portsmouth is darn good! Thanks!

iri said...


Impersonators often do a good job in looking like Elvis and no disrespect to the singers who have those wonderful voices but...I'll wait until his next concert to shed a tear. It won't be long.


Anonymous said...

Wow, he was great, had Kula, my parrot bobbing up and down-thanx

Letterman is the creepiest assdouche imaginable
MM

Mike C said...

The disgusting implied irony by Letterman (Elvis! Dixie! Backup singers with Rush lookalike and black guy!) is not unexpected. I did a whole blog post today on a related subject here

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.