Thursday, March 07, 2013

Hasselback Potatoes

                   
                    

 
HASSELBACK POTATOES



The amazing thing is that a (T.V.) graduate of the C.I.A. (me) has gone this long without hearing about Hasselback potatoes.  I want to have a dinner party just to show off my inventiveness (that's how I do it).  Looks much easier than that damned Flowering Onion deal I spent money for the machine on but it never ever was like I got in the restaurant.  Plus, the other neat idea that I should have already invented was placing that potato (or anything else) between two cutting boards to keep from going all the way through,while making uniformly deep cuts.  You're welcome.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

even better, try putting a thin slice of onion in each slice of the potato - top with a lump of butter, wrap in foil, and put in the oven.

If you don't want to go to the trouble of putting things together this way - alternate layers of sliced potato and sliced onion in a casserole with generous amounts of butter between each layer - add pepper to your heart's content as you assemble this. Put on the lid and nuke for however long it takes to cook thru
.

Anonymous said...

Gotta try this one. The ice water & lemon juice soak I did not know about at all. I'll try it ASAP.

jd

Esteve said...

Never heard of Average Betty until today and I'm already a fan.

Anonymous said...

Where's the bacon?
ignore amos

Anonymous said...


Right here, Amos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUdtQtWBRGs

Sir H the Comet

pdwalker said...

Augh. Her voice is so highly annoying.

The recipe deserves trying though.

Hodja said...

The original reciepe is with peeled potatoes, butter instead of olive oil and dried bread crumb on the top.

http://www.restauranghasselbacken.com/default.aspx



Chris in NC said...

pdwalker, her voice may be annoying at times, but she's freaking hot as heck! I'll watch her vids anytime!

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.