Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Sennheiser

                                                                                                                                                                                             Gizmos   
Sennheiser: Stuff That Works

Almost two years ago I bought Sennheiser RS120 926 MHz Wireless RF Headphones.

Years of rock bands and machine gunning leave me damned near deaf. For the past 3-4 years I turned to TV Ears (3 different sets at $100+) so I can understand what's being said in British movies.

Here's what I have to say now.  I'm still using the original (rechargeable) AAA batteries.  I fall asleep with them on almost every night.  I've dropped them on the hardwood floor several times without incident.  What more can I say?  Sennheiser is one damned good company. I wish it was an American company, but it's German. 


9 comments:

Drew said...

I have had those exact same headphones for 2 years myself. Great quality, durable and I am still using the same batteries also.

Helly said...

Good to hear that you are enjoying the gear, Rodge. ((I always bring ear plugs to the trap range, concerts, and Longboat Labs.))

After witnessing the demise of your other stuff over the years, any durability endorsement from you is golden. I'm sure you understand, however, I take audio equipment reviews from deaf people with a grain of salt.

Also, why are you sleeping when you could be searching for girly pix?

Anonymous said...

^^^^
Helly scores! Golf clap.

Geo

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Drew - to answer your previous bread question - I let if get through that first rye-white flour perk (about i hour) then dumped it all into the bread machine with a dab of oil.

Esteve said...

Can you really understand what the Englishmen are saying? I get my wife to interpret most of the time.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Helly - all you people want is girl pictures. I'm trying to build a more genteel culture here.

iri said...

Genteel? Oh yeah, that's when your grandkids get old enough to read your blog and grandma says the girly show is over. I noticed. I suppose I agree too.

TimO said...

Sennheiser makes good stuff. I use a couple of MD-421 mics and a couple of pairs of their headphones in my recording studio and would buy more if I needed to.

Chunkdog1 said...

I am extremely hard of hearing, and I've had 2 different Sennheiser earphone sets. They've been dropped, slept in and stepped on and they still work great. I have found them much better than Bose for sound and durability. I don't think I would buy any other type. And I can hear and understand about 90% of English shows, with them. Without them it is like 0%. Sennheiser is great, even the cheaper sets.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.