Tuesday, April 02, 2013

A Sinister Signpost


Price Hike?


Res Ipsa Loquitor



This is interesting.  I was doing a "Resume Play" on NetFlix (via ROKU) when this message popped up

"Under the terms of your agreement you have exceeded your allowed usage.  Please go to the ROKU menu and try again later."

It quickly disappeared and  I re-clicked TOP GEAR, but it sent me to episode #1, and not #132 which I had been viewing (recently added 2012 TOP GEAR episodes).   The fact that this message was even prepared  indicates that ROKU (or NetFlix?) are preparing to begin charging for view after a a certain monthly threshold is reached. Maybe they were testing a new, yet to be announced system,  and this was prematurely triggered.  If they begin charging I'm gone; there are other options. Anyone else had this experience? 




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't know. I started out with the other options.
GrinfilledCelt

Jon said...

As did I.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps it is their method to nip in the bud the fact that people allow other family members at other locations to use their netflix account. As it stands now, I could give my netflix acct and password to anyone, any number of people.
drummermanrick

Anonymous said...

Shirts ironed semi-nude...25 cents.

Shirts ironed, fully clothed, $1.00

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.