Thursday, May 30, 2013

Joke


A guy gets a job ...

A young guy from North Dakota moves to Florida and gets a job at a  big "everything under one roof" department store.
His first day on the job was rough, but he got through it. After the store was locked up, the boss came down to the sales floor.

"How many customers bought something from you today?"

The kid frowns and looks at the floor and mutters, "One."

The boss says "Just one?!!? Our sales people average sales to 20 to 30 customers a day. One sale a day might have been acceptable in North Dakota,  but you're not on the farm anymore, son."
 
Res Ipsa LoquitorThe kid took his beating, and the boss felt kinda bad for chewing him out on his first day.  He asked (semi-sarcastically), "So, how much was your one sale for?"

 The kid looks up at his boss and says "$101,237.65."

 The boss, astonished, says "$101,237.65?!? What the heck did you sell?"

 The kid says, "Well, first, I sold him some new fish hooks.  Then I sold him a new fishing rod to go with his new hooks. Then I asked him where he was going fishing and he said down the coast, so I told him he was going to need a boat, so we went down to the boat department and I sold him a twin engine Chris Craft. Then he said he didn't think his Honda Civic would pull it, so I took him down to the automotive department and sold him that 4x4 Expedition."

 The boss said "Wait a minute. A guy came in here to buy a fish hook and you sold him a boat and a TRUCK!?"

The kid said "No, the guy came in here to buy tampons for his wife, and I said, 'Dude, your weekend's shot, you should go fishing.'

Old  joke from Tim W, but still funny and really new jokes only come along every two to four years. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha, the first time I heard that Joke, I was sitting in a church talent night and the MC told it between acts. There was a hush that went over the crowd. He was new to the church. Needless to say the guys stifled their laughter and the women had scowls.
heh.

thoR~

Anonymous said...


Somebody thoR, think it was me now that I think about it, once said that it is by such deeds and misadventures that we are remembered and become legends.

Sir H the Comet

DougM said...

*heh* Good'n.
It's all in the pace and timing.

Whiiich iiis kind'a hard to manage in a written blog.

Jason in SD said...

My daughter told me a joke I hadn't heard before.

Why did the chicken cross the road?
To get to the idiot's house.
Knock, knock
Who's there?
The chicken!!!

This was the first time she had told me a joke I hadn't heard before which made it extra special.

Esteve said...

-Why did the chicken cross the road?
-To show the possum it could be done.

Helly said...

Mmmm, Florida jokes.

I heard a lot of jokes the other night and remember one. Every now and then a shark fishing crew will come out to the beach at sundown with pallet of some vile fluid called Budlite. It's fun to watch and very exciting when they hook one, so I go out with some snacks and carouse with them. They're good boys, just a little rough around the edges.

One of them asked: How can you tell when a Democrat* has been on your computer?

... It's not there.

*He didn't exactly use the word "Democrat," but I made the joke funnier for you.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.