Thursday, June 06, 2013

Cuzzin Ricky Adventures



CHA CHA CHA


Res Ipsa Loquitor

The purpose of this site, is to keep friends and family (at least those that are interested) updated on our South America Odyssey, and provide a convenient place that can occasionally be visited to see what we are up to.
 
May 31, 2013
 
As you know, we took care of the house in Denver, by renting to a really nice couple that we are sure will care for the place.  On May 9th, we hopped on a plane (which was hit by lightening en-route) and flew down to Buenos Aires, where we are now.  We stayed in a hotel for the first week, and we have moved into a two bedroom apartment, where we will staying for the remainder of our stay here.  In late June, we will leave Argentina, and take a ferry to Montevideo, where we will rent a car, which we will have during our week stay in Punta de Este (a resort area in Uruguay) which, "in season" is the South American playground for the Rich and Famous...... which explains why we are going there "off season" (don't forget,....it is winter here).
 
After Punta, we will go back to Montevideo and stay for, as yet, an undetermined period..  We've really enjoyed the way we approached Buenos Aires....which involved getting a lot of the initial touristy stuff out of the way, and basically assuming the role of residents (we already have our favorite "hang out" spots, restaurants, etc.....).  We essentially work during the day, when the market is open (just as we did in Denver), and then decide if we want to head out, or cook in the apartment.  We plan on approaching our time in Montevideo the same way. (more)


Cuzzin Ricky and his lovely C/R GF are in South America checking out suitable places to pitch their tent.  Very interesting journal, with lots of nice pictures of women and food.  Which just reminded me of this story. 

Ricky was the Club Officer at Fort Eustis in the 70's.  I dropped by to see him when in the area, and was shown into his very spacious office.  Just as I entered the room a completely nude girl comes walking out of the bathroom.  Ricky introduces me, and she leaves. 

I am slack-jawed.

Ricky explains that because the civilian bars around Eustis all have nude dancing, he was increasingly unable to meet his budge which depended on liquor profit.  So ... .  The dancers used his bathroom to changw into their skin.

I am not making that up.



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's actually kind of fascinating. I can't imagine leaving home and traveling through a foreign country, some of which I have to imagine aren't particularly enamored with Americans. Neat to imagine though, if I weren't such a chicken s---.

Josh

Steve in Greensboro said...

I feel that way about New Jersey.

iri said...

"traveling through a foreign country, some of which I have to imagine aren't particularly enamored with Americans."


Wake the f'up junior. My frigg'n neighborhood is full of dot heads and chicoms, pakis and you name it none of which are "particularly enamored with Americans". Argentina is looking good right about now. You've lost your country kiddo. Thanks for voting a straight GOP ticket. Read a book.

Anonymous said...

iri, nothing you have ever said makes you sound particularly well read. It does make you sound in need of anger management, and probably some blood pressure medication. I'm not exactly enamored with the demographic shift in my country, but you sound like a completely, thoroughly uneducated and bigoted jackass.


Why don't you head outside, breathe in some of that fresh air I sense you're lacking- and if you're still as angry as your general tone would allude to, try talking down to someone on the street like you do on this blog. I would bet good money you wont make it back.

Josh

iri said...

That's gotta be some kind of record rodge!

iri said...

Josh, reasonable men can disagree but if you want to be right you'll agree with me. Fight your feminine impulses my boy.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

iri - didn't you once to post here under a different handle? Srlsy?

iri said...

Yes Sir. I got tired of writing out I-RIGHT-I and went to iri some time back.

Juice said...

Yo Josh. You're the man! and a well spoken one at that. I remember a 15 yr old Josh and you've continued your maturity as a good mind and heart.

Anonymous said...

Aww, thanks Juice. I don't know about the mind or heart, but I recently scavenged Rodgers archives and found my first posts; I sure hope I've matured.

Yikes.

I've been shadowing you, Tailgunner Dick and obviously Rodger in the comments for eight years, aka more than 1/3 of my life haha.

Josh

Juice said...

Thanks Josh. You're a good man! And never let anyone say otherwise. :)

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.