Sunday, June 09, 2013

What I Saw At The Coup






Bracken: What I Saw At The Coup


Short-fuse fiction by Matt Bracken intended to spread alarm among progressives, in the spirit of dispiriting them from ever attempting such a mad folly in order to cling to power.

Res Ipsa Loquitor
Excerpts:

“We could both be facing prison time just for talking like this.”

“Not as long as we’re in power. You know how I know? Operation Fast and Furious. At least four hundred dead and there was no blowback that we couldn’t handle. Our media stuck right with us all the way through. For me, that was the final test. We can do almost anything if we get the timing right, and most of the media stays with us.”

I replied, “But those were Mexicans. And not two thousand.”

[...]

Only proven-loyal teams of agents were used to arrest the handful of well-known people on the list. The warrants were prepared by tried and true federal attorneys, and signed off by trusted judges. Dennis did not only make a secret list of

The snipers grew ever more brazen and their numbers multiplied daily. They were emboldened by accounts of the murders of federal officials that were splashed across what was left of the internet, no matter how we tried to control and contain it. They freely posted comments such as, “You can take away our rights, but we still get to vote under Rule 308,” (which I have since learned refers to a popular rifle caliber).

enemies to arrest—he also prepared a list of key personnel we could depend on to run the dodgy paperwork through the federal law enforcement system with no hassles. Mostly they used “National Security Letters” instead of regular warrants, because then no questions were asked. Dennis and his little circle had mastered the architecture. It was seamless, and for the most part it went like clockwork, especially at the beginning.

Once each of the arrested was “tagged and bagged,” the normal federal prison bureaucracy handled them like so many UPS or Fed-Ex packages.

[...]

Back to my story. The first real jolt indicating a serious problem with the plan came when television reporter Cathy Carlsen was killed in Norfolk, shot dead while covering the commissioning of the Harvey Milk, the Navy’s newest destroyer. That she was killed was bad enough. That it happened on a “secure” naval base—a federal installation—made it much worse. Her blood splattered across the Admirals’ white uniforms made quite a picture. The videos…
[...]

A good read.  Very good read.  Thanks for the heads-up
#####
Why is reality starting to read like a Matt Bracken novel?

http://westernrifleshooters.wordpress.com/2012/09/11/what-i-saw-at-the-coup/




18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but I'm heavily invested in 30-06.

Casca

iri said...

I read the first few paragraphs and recognized the new patriot meme. I didn't recognize the man in power. It could have been JKF, in fact it was JFK. That's how far behind the sleeping babes are. Don't get me wrong, I just woke up myself. It's a hell of a lot worse then we ever imagined. Bank it.

Snackeater said...

21st Century version of "Unintended Consequences?"

iri said...

I've been fooled before and I could be wrong but it seems to me this kid deserves to live...in my opinion. Who would trade places with him? Got guts?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/09/edward-snowden-nsa-whistleblower-surveillance

Anonymous said...

IRI, you're reading comprehension is for shit. This asswipe is an Obama voter, and the upside is the irony that Ozero will most likely be hanged for a penny than a pound.

Casca

IRI said...

Casca, bless your hear but you are wrong. I think?

This "asswipe" is a hero unless you can convince we otherwise. I don't' claim to have perfect information or insight but who would talk like this man? Please inform me. I find myself these days in quite a house of mirrors though I trust my own more than others.

What did I miss?

Anonymous said...

Back off Casca, you sound like a GOP tool. The kid voted 3rd party even though he admits to being fooled by Ozero at first.

And the true irony here is that George Bush put it in place and it takes a young whistleblower from the CIA to say enough is enough, this is evil and I'm going to try to stop it. Kid has done more than all the fat old men in the Barn Army to change this... tell us again how you voted for McCain. Romney. Tell us again how Sarah Palin is going to save the day for the GOP.

tools...you just don't get it. bye folks. been a hoot.

*spit*

Anonymous said...

Yeah,but how do you really feel,*spit*?

poletax

Anonymous said...


You've got us surrounded, you poor bastards.
Please understand that just because you can disenfranchise us, swamp us at the polls, silence us on the radio and Internet, despise us and ridicule us in the media, you still cannot take any more of our liberties without our acquiescence. And we do not, cannot and will not agree. We still get to vote with our rifles. You are welcome to believe that we are insane for adopting such a position, but even if you are right, we're still armed -- doesn't that just complicate your problem? http://westernrifleshooters.blogspot.com/2008/11/vanderboegh-six-apostles.html Steve W.

Anonymous said...

Read Bracken's Enemies Foriegn and Domestic trilogy. It's free in the kindle store. That's where the real training info is to be had.

Jess said...

They'll crucify him. They need someone to put on a show as they destroy him. It's part of the fear they want everyone to feel as they attempt to destroy the United States.

It won't work and their political suicide will be a spectator sport.

Anonymous said...

Well, atleast we know anony at 5:45 doesn't swallow.

I wonder which asshat he was. Anyhow, I'm sure he's off to save the world, beyond what we fat old men could do.

By the way, I'm glad the kid blew the lid on this, but are we not concerned that he went to Hong Kong because, ahem, "they have a spirited commitment to free speech and the right of political dissent".

This kid probably is an asswipe. Just like Anony 5:45

Josh

Steve in Greensboro said...

And that's the last we ever heard of Saliva Boy (Anon at 5:45). Sniff. I know we'll all miss his trenchant and biting commentary, but he has more important work to do posting condescending, angry and barely coherent comments on other websites where his true brilliance is appreciated.

We'll miss you, Saliva Boy, though we hardly knew ye. And Remember to face upwind.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Bracken tip. I'm always up for a read that leaves me so pissed off I'm shaking and red-faced with HBP because I can't do anything to remedy it.

jd

Cheesy said...

There's also the possibility that this kid was spying for the Chinese and reported all this as a diversion. From what I understand, that's where he is now.
I'm going to forgo judgement until we know more. Appearances can be deceiving.

Anonymous said...

"I'm sorry, but I'm heavily invested in 30-06."

A good and honorable caliber choice, responsible for the deaths of untold Nazis and Commies.

Myself, I prefer the unsurgent's caliber of choice: 7.62x39mm (the "AK ammo" of which I have a supply of... errr, "lots"), although for longer-range work I have an adequate supply (+/- 1,000 rounds) of 6.5x55mm Swede.

I know, I know, they're damn furrin cartridges; but the advantage of the above is that there's little shortage of either at the moment (especially the Swede).

Kim

Darrell said...

This is true. 7.5x55 is around as well, just scored both.

Hey Kim, I hope Life is being kind to you and yours. :)

wv: descent of ioatnu. I don't know what it is, but it sounds bad.

Anonymous said...

Obama should give Snowden a medal and a big bonus.

He singlehandedly managed to put the IRS scandal, the Eric Holder lying and the Benghazi cover-up on the back page of the Sunday once-a-week old news round up.

OTH - maybe this is another Obama/Holder false flag type of an operation.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.