Wednesday, July 17, 2013

UP

   At The Cinema                           


UP






If you don't have kids at home, there's every chance you missed UP!  Over a year ago my daughter was telling us that it's her favorite movie of all time; could not believe we hadn't seen it. "It's always on cable."  On Comcast maybe, but since then I've kept a lookout for it on Verizon.  All they've offered is PPV, and I refuse to give them any more money than I already do.  Finally Mo-Sup just went ahead and paid for a three day rental from Amazon, which we then watched on ROKU.

I'll stop short of calling UP the best movie I've ever seen, but only until I still feel that way a year from now.  It was nothing I expected.  Daughter asked, "Well what was it you expected?"  I said it was like listening to someone on radio for years.  You conjure up an image in your mind, but cloudy; nothing you could draw on paper.  When you finally do see a picture, he looks nothing like what you imagined.  That's UP. 

Pay the $2.99 and try it.  It's a movie for times like these.  No messages, just visually breathtaking and ... the way you were.  And way fun.  Juice- are you listening?

10 comments:

caplight45 said...

Saw it with the wife in the theater back when it was released. At the time she was going through some significant health issues. I'd be lying if I said the tears I was wiping away after the first twenty minutes were because of my allergies.

iri said...

If it's Disney the subliminal messages will turn you into a full blown brain eating zombie or a "slightly left of center" Republican. I don't trust 'em.

Chris in NC said...

One of the best Pixars made. Caplight45, there were an awful lot of allergens in my theater too lol...

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed it, and that opening scene had me teary eyed. For my money however, WALL-E is my favorite pixar movie.

Josh

Anonymous said...

Dreams are wonderful, but there is reality. Allergies hell! I'm crying
ignore amos

Anonymous said...

The opening was an absolute gut punch. The rest of the movie was okay.

Anonymous said...

It was a lot of fun in 3D in the theatre, too. I don't know why the theatre kept pumping in dust for the first part, though. That really irritated my eyes, but not like the gushers streaming down my wife's face.

Juice said...

No cable here, but we have satellite. I'll look for it. But. Only because I liked Toy Story and Monsters Inc. ;)

Anonymous said...

I told you to see that over a year ago, Rodge, but do you listen to me? No. I gave up recommending movies to you. There's a lot of gems you've missed.
GrinfilledCelt

Anonymous said...

Pixar made a movie for adults that kids could enjoy. One of my all time favorites.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.