Thursday, October 17, 2013





A Day At The Grove

Rodge - From the comments section:  "If you listen carefully, you can hear her parents disappointment..."Marc Miller

I liked this for some odd reason.  It did remind me of a story. 

When I was at Fort Wolters (Mineral Wells, TX) I used a pass to go to either Fort Worth or Dallas, forget which.  Anyway, we were told that if we wanted to make the acquaintance of the young ladies, wear civvies.  Local girls were wary  of soldier boys and airman.   I went to the PX and bought a  checked short sleeve shirt , and a pair of trousers that were not khaki. Anon, I found myself at some college type bar that a cabbie recommended, and  soon struck up a conversation with a comely lass who, while quite guarded, at least deigned to talk to me. It went something like this. 



She went back to a table with her friends,  and soon there came  laughter.  I laughed too. I bought some loafers.  Most interestingly, it was years before I learned where UT was. Didn't care. 

5 comments:

Merrily said...

Hey, they beat Oklahoma.
That right there matters.

Juice said...

"If you listen carefully, you can hear her parents disappointment..."Marc Miller
Ouch. "As long as you have a 2.0." Nothing says low achiever better than that.

iri said...

She scores high in other areas I'm sure. A&M beat them last week too.

Scott said...

She sounds like she had a prefrontal with a teaspoon and an icepick.

This girl is a poor example of a female student at Ole Miss.

I have lived in Oxford for the last 37 years. I have seen better and worse examples of Mississippi Women over the years. After seeing this example, I am glad my wife went to Southern MS.

Anonymous said...

Robert Earl Keene was/is an Aggie, which to most Texans means a hell of a lot more than that spoiled little brat Johnny-Effing-Football ever will.

And I really didn't mean that, any other way than just exactly how I said it.

Sir H the Comet

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.