Monday, October 28, 2013

Don't Need No License





DRIVING

Was working in the yard when a late model Buick came crashing through my hedge and onto the front lawn. I  rushed to help the (very) elderly looking lady driver out of the car, and sat her down on a lawn chair.  It seemed she was neither hurt nor fazed by the mishap. 

"You appear quite elderly to be driving."  I said

"Well, yes I am (rather proudly). I'll be 97 next month, and I am now old enough that I don't even need a driver's license anymore.

With arched eyebrows - "Don't  need a driver's license anymore?"

"Oh, no. The last time I went to my doctor, he examined me and asked if I had a driver's license. I told him yes and handed it to him. He took scissors out of the drawer, cut the license into pieces, and threw them in the wastebasket, saying, 'You won't need this anymore,' so I thanked him and left!"     
Alka Meltzer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mother and her sister, described perfectly, except for their choice of automobile.

Sir H the Comet

Helly said...

Looking forward to not needing my license anymore.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.