Friday, October 04, 2013

Many go fishing all their lives ... .

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

Oh-oh.  Something in my eye again ...
As I approach my twilight years, I am struck by the inevitability that the party must end. And one clear, cold morning after I'm gone, my spouse will awaken in the warmth of our bedroom and be struck with the pain of learning that sometimes there isn't "anymore."
No more hugs, no more special moments to celebrate together, no more phone calls just to chat, no more "just 5 minutes more."

Sometimes, what we care about the most gets all used up and goes away, never to return before we can say good-bye, or say "I love you."
So while we have it, its best we love it, care for it, fix it when it's broken and heal it when it's sick.

This is true for marriage.....and old cars, and children with bad report cards, and dogs with bad hips, and aging parents and grandparents. We keep them because they are worth it, because we are worth it.
Some things we keep -- like a best friend who moved away or a son-in-law after divorce. There are just some things that make us happy, no matter what.

Life is important, like people we know who are special. And so, we keep them close!
Suppose one morning you never wake up, do all your friends know how you really feel? The important thing is to let every one of your friends know your true feelings, even if you think they don't love you back.

So, just in case I'm gone tomorrow, please rest assured, I voted against that asshole, Obama, both times!



cuzzin ricky

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful

skegatz

DougM said...

… and don't store your pipe tobacco in a coffee can.

Jess said...

I'm reassured, although I had the strong feeling you didn't.

Screw Obama.

DonM said...

Marriage and Relationships are Entropic systems.

They will increase in disorder unless you put energy into them.

My philosophy from first year chemistry.

Tom Smith said...

Love you guys............

Anonymous said...

Boss , though we've never met face to face . I do Luv Ya , Ya Big Lug ! You've become part of my daily routine for quite a few years now , and my family felt your pain when you lost your dog Reagan . May you continue to spread your light for many years to come ! PS , Can you send us more BOOBIES ! ; ) > SMIBSID

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Thanks SMIBSID; through all the family pics you've sent me I feel like I know y'all too.And you have the best boy-toys of anyone I know. so too bad you don't live next door. Well, too bad for me; not you. Way too many flaming asshats around here.

As far as the women pics go, what the hell? This is the internet after all. Anyway, I have a very developed and sensitive internet pheromone detector, and when it goes off, I share. It seldom goes off when T&P are shown, I like what my imagination does, a skill I developed to avoid leaving a trail of smut behind me.

Which reminds me, I have some pictures of your daughter out in the field I want to post.

Whoa - I did not mean to tangle the two thoughts together there. Srsly, I see your daughters as being the soul of virtue, and also quite lovely. And folks, that was the outfield I speak of. Where the hell did I put those pics?

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.