Friday, October 18, 2013

We are a good people - without governement

A Grand Tip
So my mom and I have been working the same waitress job for 5-6 years now. She had been waitressing years before, but this is recently. Anyway, about... 15 minutes ago this guy she waited on left and told her to take care. Just that. Prior to this she had talked to him about Italy. Her people are from Florence, this and that, and she said she's never been. She got 8 years of art education and she's working a waitress job. It's pretty... sad and disappointing, I guess. Her and my father divorced 6 years ago and she hasn't had a real job ever. Just been stuck in a small town she's not from. This man who we have never seen before tipped her 1,000 dollars for a trip to Italy. Walked out, not another word.

5 comments:

Daniel K Day said...

Well that's all very well, but what about the 42 cents?

iri said...

I've got this notion that if she's half as nice as daughter makes her out to be I'd pay the 42 cents and kick in an extra $1k. It's just a notion though.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the kind of thing I might do if I were filthy rich - which is probably one of the reasons why I'm not filthy rich.
GrinfilledCelt

Juice said...

We still don't know if he took that card out of his granny's wallet. it's so much more fun spending other people's money. ;)

Anonymous said...

Can a woman turn you into a Millionaire? Sure, if your a Billionaire!


Stole it from somewhere.

gsebes

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.