Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Divine Mercy Chaplet

             
                                                       
             Catharsis
"each according to the dictates of his own conscience"
 
This is very much a niche market post; a story that JMcD sent me.  EWTN has replaced RFD-TV as my escape television channel.  When I have trouble sleeping I'll often turn it on.  What I did not know is that Mother Angelica founded EWTN in Birmingham in 1981 as the world’s first Catholic cable outlet, and hosted several of its programs.  If you need help saying the rosary, or want to watch Bishop Sheen, this is the spot. 

Ahem.   How about them Bears! (October 8, 2010)


Recently I went back to this haunt for the same reason ... looking for some comfort.   Throughout  my 2-3 years of  absence,  I would occasionally be  haunted by this "chant," by what looked like a family*.  I forgot the tune, but the faces stuck in my mind.  After rummaging through EWTN's archives, I found it - HERE (skip the opening three minutes). Look at the faces.  They remind me of a living Norman Rockwell painting (rollover).  I watch it daily Yes, it is a religious "chantling," of sorts, but then so too was George Harrison's "My Sweet Lord," (Hindu), and I fancied that.


* It is the Vinny Flynn family.  I fancy the one in red (he said avuncularly)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have a print of that Rockwell in our front bath, over the clawfoot tub. Uh...also the Declaration of Independence, two pics of The Babe, one with Lou Gehrig and one when he was with the Sox, a set of Texas Longhorns, and some other stuff that some folks might consider strange.

jd

iri said...

Whoa! How do you pee in a place like that?

Anonymous said...

Rodge, the Uhbamunists pan religion, and likewise Rockwell, saying he represented an idealized America that never was. Well, watching this video, I saw Rockwell's America, right now. It's still out there.
You made my day. Thanks for linking that.
Lt. Col. Gen. Tailgunner dick

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.