Monday, December 23, 2013

Sauce Gilds the Lilly

Sauce Gilds This Lily

Getting ready for tomorrow's family Christmas.  Made the Indoor pulled pork recipe, with one change. The written instructions offer two sauces; this time I tried number 2,  and horry clap!  This stuff is so good that I could drink it,  except I'd get a UTI sure as hell.  I'm not going to pull it until tomorrow; hope it doesn't dry out any, because it's Five Stars as it is. 

South Carolina Mustard BBQ Sauce

  •  ½ cup of defatted juices
  • ½ cup white vinegar
  • 1 cup yellow mustard
  • ¼ cup packed light brn sugar
  • ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tsp hot sauce
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp pepper
HO Ho HO


5 comments:

Juice said...

Okay then. When the snow is falling or the rain is pouring I am going to try this out. In fact, weather aside, am going to try this out. As the family smoker, sometimes it's more babysitting than wanted, especially living in a forest where close attendance is mandatory for safety.
Thanks for the re-post of this process. We're in Cali for Christmas so maybe we can impress the kids and try it here. :)

Rodger the Real King of France said...

You will weep with joy Juice. I am so happy for your future happiness.

Juice said...

LOL! I'll be sure to keep the tissue near for my joyfulness. D-I-L says she would like for me to make it, so the show is on.

Helly said...

That sounds good, except ...

1. nobody in the South knows how to apply fractions to the measurement of sugar.

2. I can get Cattlemen's Gold off the rack down here.

3. South Carolinians take quick offense to broad characterizations of their highly evolved and regionally distinct barbecue. This helpful sauce map may keep you out of a fist fight some day.

Pawpaw said...

Nobody in Carolina knows crap about barbeque sauce. I'd just as soon dip a boot in vinegar and eat that.

But, hey, Merry Christmas.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.