Friday, January 24, 2014

Boola Boola




We'll roll the score so very high,
That you will hear them sigh:
Well-a Boola, Boo, Boola, Boola, Boo,
Boola, Boo, Boola, Boola, Boola, Boo!


 
After graduating from Yale (Summa Bin Lauday) in Political Philosophy on Wednesday, I happenstanced  into Professor Craig Wright's course "MUSI 112: Listening to Music." 

....you will become the purveyors of classical music thereafter. You, the intelligentsia of the next generation, will be those that preserve this great treasure of Western culture and it is a great treasure of Western culture.-Professor Craig Wright
Just finished my fourth class.  I know for sure that if I was actually sitting in that classroom,  I'd flunk.  Badly. And, given what I perceive to be Prof. Wright's low tolerance for slackers and low lifers, I would probably be caned as well.  So what a joy not having to worry about the minutia; learning what this stuff (♩,♪, and  ♬) does, and just letting things seep in as they will. 

Don't get me wrong, I can read music.  
Guitar music, and now I'm reading  harmonica.  Your experience may differ of course, but I'm happy being exposed to all this stuff,  with the other Yale intelligentsia.  By the by, that instruction about Yale students being the new intelligentsia has been uttered in more than a few of the Yale lectures I've sat in on.  I mention it only in passing, meaning I don't find it at all "elitist" in the elitist way to remind these kids that they're special, because they are.  Their parents can afford to pay $58,600/ year to send them there, and are likely themselves to have a similar educational background, so yeah.  Elite.  

I'm learning the Yale fight song.  Maryland teams blow chunks.  So does Harvard. 
Boola Boola.






1 comment:

iri said...

They are Elite and like all Western Elites, everything they know is wrong. That's how you know they are Elite.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.