Saturday, January 04, 2014

Frost Flowers




More proof that I don't know dick about the wonders of this world.
Even more touching, this comment ...

Nancy Haggerty · Saint Patrick's High School, Halifax, NS
I feel sorry for people that don't have God in their lives! He helped me through my little girls illness and death. She was just little and talked about the Angels that came to visit her and that Jesus sat on the bed with her one night. She told me stories about how one of the Angels was reading her books and how they made a noise when they turned the pages. The morning she died , her hand was outstretched as though taking the hand of God Himself and told her big sister to tell me that she was leaving with Jesus now and she died with her eyes looking toward Heaven. I could tell you stories and more stories about things she saw.

Wow. Thanks Don M







9 comments:

Ralph Gizzip said...

No comment necessary. That was simply beautiful.

Merrily said...

Thank you for the reminder of the Father who is also the Creator of amazing things and the most tender heart we'll ever know.

Anonymous said...

Some of the comments on that site are... very hateful, very ugly; not sure how these folks live with themselves.

And not that I am qualified to be their judge, but I can't help but think they're in for a shock once they shuffle off their mortal coil.

Al Shabbah

george said...

I have seen these on frost mornings in S. Louisiana and was in awe how such a phenomena could occur. (you don't need no stinking art gallery)
Thanks for your great work Rodg. Happy New Year y'all !

Esteve said...

Reason number 47 for reading C&S. Where else would a Florida boy learn about frost flowers? Thanks Rodger, you are providing a public service much more valuable than NPR and with no tax money.

Anonymous said...

The power of God never ceases to amaze me. http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2013/january-february/my-train-wreck-conversion.html?paging=off

Tim

Juice said...

Never heard of this before. Never saw this before. Totally awesome and wonderful. And I wholeheartedly agree with Nancy Haggerty.
Thanks so much for sharing this. :)

Steve in Greensboro said...

Thanks, Rodger. We all have to go, but going from Mom's loving arms directly to God's maybe isn't so bad.

molonlabe28 said...

This is a very moving story.

It reminds me of spending some time with my secretary, who was one of the most Godly people I have ever met, right before she died.

God has never left me on the side of the road for dead yet.

And he brought me back to Him and to life when I was a fairly young man after 13 years of thinking that the answers to life's travails was in the bottom of a bottle.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.