Sunday, January 05, 2014

Pic Of the Year - "Bike Girl"




My Best Posted Picture of 2013



Last year I posted 1,875 pictures on this blog; that's an average of  5+ per day.  Before Christmas I scanned through them all, and picked about 200 that grabbed me.  This was the winner.  The reason I didn't announce the award on New Years Eve, like I planned, was I didn't want this to be the winner.  But it is. 

But Why?

I think a good photograph, or painting, should be evocative.  Should immediately take you someplace you didn't expect to go.  This 60s era photo did that.  I owned that exact sport coat, and my High School gf, the first time I ever went "steady" (and the last),  is a spitting image of bike girl ,  from the waist up anyway. Her name was Cheryl.  That's where it took me.  Your destination will be different, but just as pleasant I hope.








8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was getting all caught up in the sentiment until I got to the part about "the first and last time you went steady".....then I realized that the anticipation of someone messing with your eye had clouded your memory almost as badly as your clouded vision. I, fondly remember "Leslie"... You have no idea how much your two cousins admired your prowess and adept studliness in landing such a fox! And THEN, your hookup with the future Mrs. RTRKF! Your's is a life of embarrassment of riches Cuz!

Good luck tomorrow! All guys that I know that have gone through similar procedures say that the results are almost tantamount to a new lease on life!

Cuzzin Rick

Rodger the Real King of France said...

I was engaged to Leslie.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

and married Mosup - never "went steady." Do kids still do that?

MikeG said...

Shoulda been a puzzle!

Anonymous said...

Eye Eye Sir!

You, sir, are a consummate splitter of hairs..... Nonetheless, your Barn Army rank and file are looking forward to your post-recovery SITREP.

Cuzzin Rick Lt. Master Sergeant 4th Class (Brevet)

gadfly said...

Bicycle mounting is easier from the rear.

Esteve said...

The perfect gentleman. He didn't even smile.

Anonymous said...

^^ That {a smile} wouldn't have been my first reaction either. juss sayin!

I always offered the girls in skirts and dresses my bike also. Nice guy that i wuz.

Geo

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.