Thursday, January 30, 2014

Shameless

   At The Cinema                           



Shameless (UK)




I know none of you have watched Shameless (Brit ver), else surely you'd have insisted that I watch it.  There are like 128 one-hour episodes extant, so this is Top Gear territory.  I've only watched two, so it'll be interesting to see how long before I tire of it; if ever. 

Yes, I see that Hollywood have knocked it off, but not even Bill Macy will persuade me to reward talentless Hollywood for stealing another jewel from the Brits.  BTW, I know Britain have rather lax standards (after 9P), but this is  .. is ... what's the word?  Horry Clap (streams on NetFlix)



5 comments:

El Jefe said...

Got through the first 3+ seasons. Loved it but started getting tired after that. One of a very small handful of Brit shows that go beyond three seasons. If you haven't watched The League of Gentlemen (also Brit and Netflix) give it a go as I think you'll quite enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

Try "Little Britain". Love it or hate it, there is no inbetween. Its Monte Python on steroids and acid.

jim

Rodger the Real King of France said...

" The League of Gentlemen" is a true test of just how Kafkaesque something can be and still laugh at it. I laughed.

Little Britain is a treasure that I've previously discussed. Loved it, but you have to watch 2-3 episodes to catch the drift.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

just watched episode three and I'm getting bored with it ...

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Nope - I'm back on board again.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.