Sunday, January 26, 2014

Virtual Pistol Range



   
TEXT

Ron Metzger found this very interesting (good) Russian bullseye practice site.  May be the best of this genre that I've tried.  An exception might be the site where you actually aimed a rifle, on a real range, and fired an actual bulletto.  It was closed down by the gummint, as I recollect, because people started paying locals to  hang a picture of Chuck Schumer on local cows.  Farmers were very pissed.  As I remember, anyway. 



PS - I am a Bullseye shooter (one hand), and this very closely approximates the movement you experience.  Oh yes, here's a tip.  I was doing some arm exercises and found that if I aimed a 5 lb. barbell at a target for 30 seconds or so, and immediately swapped with a .45 ACP, the aim was dead-on, with virtually no quiver.   Here, try this vitual 5 punder on this virtual site; tell me how it worked out for you.

You're welcome



4 comments:

iri said...

I'm a bull's eye shooter too but I use two hands and stand 15 yards away. I shot my new Ruger LCP .380 for the first time a week or so ago. Bull's Eye!...sort of. Ouch. That's not the gun to target practice with. My hand still hurts up to the elbow.

molonlabe28 said...

I hope to learn to Bullseye shoot (at least the handgun variant).

I would also like to go to Camp Perry to watch the best of the best.

When the day comes that I can do more farming and less lawyering, I aim to take it up.

I am a 1911 collector, but I have always done 2-handed shooting.

There is no comparison.

And those 45 acp semi-wadcutters leave such pretty holes.

Snackeater said...

Took me three tries but finally scored a thirty. And I finally shot a Makarov.

drew458 said...

Lucky for us that the site picture never changes, or that your mouse clicks don't push the groups down to 8 o'clock.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.