Friday, February 07, 2014

More Lies from Climate Nutters

GREEN CRIME
"We Stand By It as a Theatrical Work"





The funny part? Watch these two guys blow the glossy WH take on this visual out of the water with just a ruler and some common sense. 





Remember White House science advisor John Holdren’s wackadoodle video about the Polar Vortex? The opening line of the video spoken by Dr. Holdren says
” If you’ve been hearing that extreme cold spells, like the one we’re having in the United States now disproves global warming…don’t believe it.”
He then goes on to present evidence, like this plot of mid-tropospheric temperature, which looks like it is from UAH/Dr. Roy Spencer, though no citation is given in the video. [More]


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recall that in one of my Statistics courses in college, one of the required reading was Huff's "How To Lie With Statistics"


I guess manipulating the presentation of actual numbers is still better than fabricating your own facts.....

Cuzzin Rick

Helly said...

I object.

Yes, the whole anthro-carbo-thermo-climo-apocolypse is nonsense. Yes, every Democrat is a compulsive liar. Yes, his chart is idiotically fraudulent. Yes, he is a stupid penis. <— ((See how that sounds?))

However, I extend my sincere appreciation to the entire WH science team for popularizing Polar Vortex Encoldenment. Or as we call it, PoVoCo.

I meet hundreds of people on the beach every month. PoVoCo always gets at least a chuckle when I mention it in passing on a chilly day. On nice warm days, I cite the lack of PoVoCo and that gets a laugh too. It's a great icebreaker at BBQs or dune parties, and a social lubricant for occasions of all types. Island visitors pay most of our taxes, so I feel obliged to welcome and amuse them. PoVoCo is the best joke I do.

Dr. Holdren, we salute you.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Hmmm. Say, How 'bout them Bears?

David said...

My college statistics prof started his description of a week long project with "You are hired to determine the public reaction to..."

After explaining in detail the project he asked if there were any questions. I raised my hand and asked "since you are "hiring" us to do this study, what do you expect the results to show?"

I was immediately awarded a "A" on the project and excused from having to do the exercise. The prof spent the rest of that class period and the next two sessions lecturing on keeping personal bias and preconceived notions out of your data collection and analysis.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.