Saturday, March 22, 2014

Amazing Math


Gary Larsen
            
                                                                    NUMBERS


Perhaps after seeing yesterday's godawful example of educational malpractice (Common Core Math), the erstwhile vocalist in my band, The Chestnuts, Guy du Francois, sent me this Amazing Mathematics. 

Pretty quick into I it I thought satirically, "Oh, another Darwin evolution."  Turns out that was the point, so Darwinists may want to skip this one and avoid the angst, and cut me from thier travel list.  Sigh.  
If we must, boys and girls, deviate from tried and true basic math education, here is a damned good example of stuff that works, and would appeal to kid's desire to one-up their parents.  I truly wish Sister Margaret Eleanor had pulled this out of her habit in my way back.  I love it. 

7 comments:

Ole Phat Stu said...

So ASS-KISSING = 127% by that reasoning :-(

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Just like in real life

Leonard Jones said...

The multiplication video is crap, it is quicker and easier to do it
the old fashioned way!

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Leonard: Evidently you don't like using parlor tricks to misdirect people into thinking you're brilliant. Some of us do.

Anonymous said...

And "love of Allah" scores 109% so that's better than "love of god"?

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Allah is God, right?

iri said...

Only if you're a Liberal Rodge.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.