Tuesday, March 11, 2014

FONT MAGIC


La la la la la .....




I'm a font junky, always on the lookout for new stuff.  For a long time I've wished there was a way to identify a font used by a site I wanted to parody, rather than scroll through my thousand font collection looking for a close match.  WHAT THE FONT, seemingly, was the answer; and after a fashion it prolly is.  To test it,  I submitted the font pic from the Sharyl Attkisson Resigns post.

It found 27 matches, none of which was the correct Jokerman, but several that were damned close.  For snickers, I searched their site for Jokerman, and sure enough they had it.  It's a very distinctive font, so I'm surprised their software didn't nail it. Good enough for government work though.



NEXT: 1001 FONTS



1001 FONTS is a delicious asset.  If I'm looking to create a Commie looking document, I select "Russian."  That causes their full list of Russian fonts to cascade.  I can then type the text I'm after, and screen cap the one I want. 

You're welcome




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should be able to right clicky and view the source for a page, then search for "font." Or something. The font has to be listed somewhere in the source code.

skh.pcola

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Not if it's a graphic

DougM said...

Thanks for the find, Rodge.
[snorts another line of fonts]

Anonymous said...

This site is a font...of knowledge & wisdom.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.