Saturday, March 29, 2014

So a guy calls his rabbi

So a guy calls his rabbi ...

 
A man calls his Rabbi and rather hysterically blurts "Rabbi, I think my wife is trying to murder me."

"Calm down Levi," says the Rabbi, "what makes you think that Esther wants to murder you?"

"I can't cite particulars; it's just an overwhelming sense of dread that I can't shake," says Levi.

"Very well.  Let me call Esther and see if anything is bothering her."

Levi waits an hour and calls the Rabbi back, but the phone is busy.  And then in an hour he calls. Busy. And again.  Finally the Rabbi answers.

"Rabbi, did you talk to her?"

"Did I talk to her?  Oy, for three hours  I'm on the telephone with Esther."

"So, what do you think?"

"Let me give you my best advice Levi."

"Yes, Rabbi, what is it?"


"Drink the poison."




2 comments:

Snackeater said...

Mary goes up to Father O’Grady after the Sunday morning service, in tears.
The priest says, “What’s bothering you, Mary my dear?”
Mary says, “Father, I’ve got terrible news. My husband passed away last night.”
The priest says, “Oh, Mary, that’s terrible. Tell me, did he have any last requests?”
“He did, Father,” was the reply.
The priest says, “What did he ask, my child?”
“He said 'Mary, please, just put down the gun and we’ll talk about this…'”

Anonymous said...

Why do all Jewish men die before their wives?

They want to.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.