Saturday, April 05, 2014

Thrilling Air Stories







Thrilling Adventures


I was perusing an old copy of Air Stories (from when I was a lad) that I found in my underwear drawer, and was intrigued by the ad for The Stransky Vaporizer.  I looked it up. Isn't this exciting? Now, I'm back to reading Jerry the Hawk.  On page 121 you can find out "How to Get an Air Job."  (I was thinking the same thing, but, no, it's not an early "mile high club" thing. They didn't even have roofs on planes back then, so it would have been too public)


1 comment:

drew458 said...

I'd say the Stransky story is the better one. He had that con running for more than 20 years, right up to the end of WWII.

yeah, get better mpg by preheating your gasoline. Route the fuel lines over the exhaust manifold.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.