Thursday, April 24, 2014

You don't know what Bliss is.











For the past 13 years, computer users throughout the globe have found “Bliss” in the same spot — a hillside of vivid, velvety grass etched against a Crayola blue sky brushed with clouds.

It's estimated a billion people from heads of state to scientists to poor shopkeepers in Third World countries have gazed into that storybook spot, so simple and vibrant in its imagery that many assume it exists only on a digital file  ... .


Marc Miller



6 comments:

Leonard Jones said...

There are probably more people alive today who have seen
this photograph than the sailor kissing the nurse on VE
day or the flag raising on Iwo Jima.

iri said...

I don't remember ever seeing it. The first thing I do to a new PC is change all the defaults starting with the screen.

Helly said...

A wonderfully over-hyped metaphor for the mediocrity of ubiquity. Pfft, I treat myself to better scenery every day.

Leonard, nobody in Sarasota misses the kissing nurse.

Cheesy said...

I still have a working Zune that I purchased CHEAP, still going strong, and am reasonably pleased with it except for the fact that the MFCS manufacturer has decided to no longer support it.
That's why I don't but microsoft crap anymore.

Anonymous said...

Springtime on the Paulose, just outside Moscow Idaho...

Anonymous said...

I'm a MAC , and I have no idea what the hell the big deal is ; ) > SMIBSID

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.