Thursday, November 17, 2016

Alaska The Last Frontier





cinema à la carte                                 



What?  Nobody tells me about the all time greatest series ever?  I flat tripped over Discovery Channel's Alaska The Last Frontier last week, and have been gorging on it since.  The Poopsicle episode, embedded above, got me started.  The best thing? — Full episodes are available on You Tube. I'm telling you, the best thing Americans can do for "every kid gets a trophy" youngins is make them watch every episode with you.  They'll learn about life; what made America great, how to face adversity, and how babies are made, and how to dispatch sick animals better then anything they get in school- and probably from you too.  I'm not kidding.


5 comments:

OregonGuy said...

Have you already weighed in on "Ice Pilots" on Netflix.

Sometimes the "narrative thread" is a little heavy handed, but the birds and their pilots are fascinating. And the countryside is amazing.
.

jlw said...

or you could take them to Alaska. i worked there twice and found the people quite amazing.

when one person pointed out that the male/female ratio definitely put women in demand, one woman replied, "Yes, the odds are good, but the goods are odd."

Alaska, worth the trip.

Jon said...

I like the show and have watched most of em but they promote it as life and death struggle. Most of the players are worth a million or 2 and eventually you'll learn that singer Jewel is Atz's daughter. Nobodys gonna die.

I think they live that way cause they want to and the producers add the "store up enough food for the winter" bull crap.

Anonymous said...

I remember reading about an entire village of sexually frustrated women up there once. There were only two men in the whole town. One was a little bitty gay guy and the other was a big ol husky f*cker.
Tim

Anonymous said...

I nominate Tim 5:44 for best comment of the month. ^5

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.