Friday, August 04, 2017

Two for the road





cinema à la carte                                 




Rodge; a few days ago you said, of The Siege of Jadotville, "Maybe the best movie of all time" (the King of Hyperbole).  We just watched it, and have to agree.  It's impossible to find anything more thrilling and nail-biting!


Oh my.  I'm afraid No Escape has already taken the crown of "minute-by-minute most thrilling  movie of all time."   Sorry. What's that?  Roger Elbert only gave it one star?  He's an asshole. Mo Sup is still hiding under the couch and sniveling like a baby. 
 


And while I'm at it.  The Concubine is on a par with 1991's Raise The Red Lantern if the inner  workings of Chinese wives and concubines are of interest. Most especially, however, is a very intimate look at the court eunich structure.  Whoa! (No erections)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Oh my. I'm afraid No Escape has already taken the crown of "minute-by-minute most thrilling movie of all time." Sorry. What's that? Roger Elbert only gave it one star? He's an asshole."

Uh, just who in the fuck is Roger Elbert?

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Gee, I don't know. Let me guess ...

Steve in Greensboro said...

"No erections."

I'm torn between "sorry to hear it" and "speak for yourself".

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.