Thursday, October 19, 2017

DUH


US Citizenship Test - Could You Pass?


An important part of the application process for becoming a US citizen is passing a civics test, covering important U.S. history and government topics. There are 100 civics questions on the naturalization test. During the interview process, applicants are asked up to 10 questions and must be able to answer at least 6 questions correctly. Here is a sampling of what may be asked. How would you do? How many could a Cal Berkeley student pass?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So, you're really screwing' with the comments, huh, Rodger? WTF?

Skoonj said...

REPOST

I'm not taking it. I don't think I need to. About 25 years ago my wife Flora had to study up on it for her citizenship. We lived in Naples, FL, and had to drive to Miami for the final processing and the test. I had been drilling her on the questions for a few weeks, and made sure she was ready when we drove over that last time. She didn't miss anything, though a good friend of hers, also from the Philistines, missed too many questions on hers. I didn't coach her, though.

After processing and the test, we sat in the great room waiting for results. I was sure she had passed since I quizzed her on everything on the test. Oh, whatever your level of humor, be careful what you say in the great room when other applicants are there. I made the mistake of making a funny: "Well, Flora, in a few minutes they will either make you a citizen or give you a plane ticket back to the Philippines." I thought it was funny. Flora thought it was funny. But there was some poor bastard about three seats away who heard it and was heartbroken. "They will give me a plane ticket home?" he said, in a sorrowful voice. I explained to him that no, I was just kidding.

We went back to Miami a few weeks later for the ceremony. Actually, I didn't even look for that poor bastard. I hope he passed.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.