Monday, March 20, 2006

Gretchen the Info Babe
In FNC's quest to corner the market on pert blonde info babes - to fill in for E.D. Hill - it stands to reason mistakes will be made.  Like today.  This is Gretchen somebody (a refuge from the weekend Fox & Friends with the godawful Julian Phillips).  It must be that Gretchen was on the path leading to the Today Show, when Rupert Murdoch jumped out and bagged her, because she displays the wit, wisdom, and thought processes heretofore found only in Katie Couric. I watched F&F for no longer than 5 minutes this morning, but managed to collect these nincompooperies.

It seems Scotland is concerned that school kids are too rowdy on the playground, and suffering too many injuries playing games like soccer and dodge ball, so they are hiring "playground tutors" to teach the joy of hopscotch and skipping.  I am not making this up. 
Gretchen:  "I don't care.  One in five Scottish kids is overweight, so let them be encouraged to skip, and hop."
Kilmeade:  Then let those fat kids play soccer!
It seems Donald Trump and his wife Miasma, or whatever, just had a baby boy.
Gretchen:  Well, this is not a great thing.
Doocy: Why?
Gretchen:  When he was on the show before he said he would not change diapers.
Doocy: He's a billionaire, let the butler do it.
Gretchen: It's not about that.  This is 2006, and today's father should want to experience every aspect of raising a child.
Here's what we know.  Gretchen's mom never missed Phil Donahue while she was growing up. Get rid of her before the infection spreads. (I wonder if Phillips is banging her?)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll have to read this later. As soon as I saw the juke box, I clicked. :-) I'm in a mellow mode now, Rodger. Thanks, Juice

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Hooray for Juice ... it's my plan to change the songs daily if anyone figured it out! You are the smartest one here.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

BTW, I take requests (I have a 2000 song database)

Anonymous said...

"BTW, I take requests"
Great!
I nominate Tommy James.
Rob

Anonymous said...

Your musical selections have been fine so far. If you were to play, I Only Have Eyes for You, Flamingos, and whoever made Ebb Tide popular in the 50's. I'll be floating on my cloud. :-) Juice

Anonymous said...

The morning show on Fox just irritates me less than the ones elsewhere. Silly for the most part.

Sayyyy. The jukebox and requests...Has anyone heard the "World's Greatest Bar Band", NRBQ? The fan favorite (OK, MY favorite) "Don't She Look Good", or "Rocket In My Pocket" would hit the old spot.

Best to you and yours, keep up the good work.

Dan Patterson
Arrogant Infidel
The Holy City of Winston-Salem

Anonymous said...

Also, Dan Hicks and His Hot Licks. Got any of that? Fun music. Juice

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Uh- I think I'll just make selections on my own. Ahem.
:D

Anonymous said...

I dunno how you can watch F&F in the morning.

They're all far too loud and perky for me.

Anonymous said...

As far as that juke box goes, almost anything by John Phillip Sousa as performed by the United States Marine Band would be good.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

E.D. Hill makes me ... uh- tingle.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.