Monday, June 12, 2006

Technical Support

Where's the Beef? Right F***ing Here!
I spent all day Sunday - I  mean from 7 AM to midnight trying to make one lousy DVD on Arc Soft's SHOWBIZ DVD2.  It's not just that program that's fucked up, Media Center won't work right now - it did a few days ago -  blah-blah-blah.  Arc Soft's tech support is non-existent, but even if it did live up to today's best it would be next to useless.  The prevailing attitude is, if you're willing to give up all leisure time, and become a software engineer we can help you.  Maybe. 
''Before we deign to listen to you, please peruse 12,000 other similar problems in our FAQ   ... ." 
After finding, then filling out Arc Soft's ridiculously passworded, proof of purchased laden, circular referenced technical assistance form, pressing ''Send" took me to a screen where I could register as a customer. Again. Okay.

"We're sorry, but that E-mail address and PW are already registerd.''

Die you rat bastard MoFo!    I remember calling modem people - this is just 7-8 years ago - and getting digerati on the phone lickety-split.  A guy would stick with you until the sumbitch worked.  Codecs?  I don't want to know how they work, how to repair them, or even how to find broken ones. I don't want to join user groups.  Hell, I'll even take some outsourced Hindustani speaking tech guy in India over this crap, at least I can hear a heart beat.  Mainly though I want shit to work and not break a dozen other things in the process.  Is that too much to ask?  Yes, evidently it is, and it all began with Hillary's attempt to take over health care.  Think about it.  Bitch.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

HHEEHEHEEE...

HILLARY is a virus!
and a weak one at that.

Rodham cannot even beat Edwards in a DES MOINES POLL after the endless hype...

LOL

sorry about the troubles.

Anonymous said...

Went to an airshow here in the UK last weekend; commentator was talking about "fly by wire" aircraft, and said something profound:
All hardware WILL eventually fail. SOME software MIGHT eventually work..."

As a software consultant/ho, I feel truer words were never spoken....

Anonymous said...

Funny... I don't have problems like that with iDVD. ;)

It's nice when the computer, the OS, and the essential programs all come from the same company. Compatibility issues disappear, and everything just plain works.

I have a Windows box too, but when I need to get real work done, I always choose the Mac.

Shhh--- don't tell anybody, but that's the secret to why Mac users are fanatical. It isn't just that Macs are more intuitive, stable, and virus-free, it's because they can simply make you more productive. Less time spent talking to tech support, for instance.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the guy above
Dude, sell that shit and buy a Mac. Seriously. I farted around for ages trying to burn video CDs rip/recompress DVDs etc. On a Mac it just works.

I make a living as a Windows programmer. I use Windows when I have to. I use a Mac at home because I like to actually get things done.

Anonymous said...

Windows users like to look at sex on their computers. Mac users like to have sex with their computers.
GrinfilledCelt

Anonymous said...

I use windows XP I burn all kinds of movies I do not have any problem. I can compress any damn thing and I just started using computers not that long ago.I burn CD's I mean whats the problem? Are you trying to burn movies like back up copies of DVD's? Record NOW is simple and will burn any music or Data you want with no problem. DVDNextCopy burns any movie either from the original or a copy. I put the original Disc in an external burner and burn to my PC burner. I can burn King Kong which is over 3 hours in less than 20 minutes. No Mac I have seen can compare with it.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

I record movies off of tv mostly in all formats. The thing is I have three tv capture programs - Media Center , Movie Mill, and Showbiz DVD 2. Some how all my codecs got buggered up, and correcting one screws another. I know what codecs I need, I just can'r seem to find them.

Anonymous said...

Roger what are they so I can try to find them to. I will ask my budy that works at TwoCows here in Oak Ridge they make all kinds of sofrware and have access to anything you can think of.
Jack

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Here Jack

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.