Sunday, August 27, 2006

Ryugyong Hotel

Interesting and Secret Stuff
UPDATED
This is the the Ryugyong Hotel in  North Korea's capital city of Pyongyang,  It's a real monument to the glory of Stalinist communism.  Construction began in 1987,  at an estimated cost of $750 million, or 2% of the country's gross domestic product (GDP).  There are no windows, plumbing, or wiring nineteen years later.  It was so poorly engineered that it's literally sagging in the middle, and in danger of falling over.  Kim Jong Il is trying to lure foreign investors to pony up around $300 million to make some corrections.  I'm not making that up. Call your broker today.

Anyway, this is all pretty much public, if underreported, knowledge.  Our media usually look for bright spots in islands of despair, like North Korea and Cuba, so maybe it's pure racism on their part that we've heard so little about the glory of  Kim's health care system.  Sorry, I was being snide, not to mention off-track.  There are reasons why a veil of secrecy has been placed over the Ryugyong Hotel.  A veil I am about to lift.  Slowly.  Sensuously.  Whoa.

In 1994,  Clinton administration factotums were frozen at the helm after North Korean dictator Kim Sung Il announced he was taking his fuel rods out of storage, and going full throttle into nuclear development.  Privately, President Clinton asked Jimmy Carter to act as an intermediary, despite warnings that Jummy  was a loose cannon.  The White House said that Carter was acting on his own. 

My bosses in the, er, import business were quite concerned that Carter might do something very foolish.  To that end I was parachuted into the Potong District of  Pyongyang the night before Carter arrived.  My instructions were to kill him if he tried to surrender the United States to the NorKs.  Posing as a street vendor selling Kimchi out of a goat cart just outside the meeting hall, I would be at-the-ready (my eyes were pulled back with Scotch Tape - hey,it works!).  The conference room had been bugged (still is as far as I know), and if a clear and present danger eventuated, I'd get a signal, and gain access by walking into the hall saying ''I have 6 order Kimchi for Dear Leader."  Once in, I'd spray the room.  Prolly would not have made it home, but that's the price of freedom.

Of course that wasn't necessary.  All Carter gave away were a few billion dollars, a nuclear reactor, and 1000 videos for Sung's star struck son, Jong (now North Korea's megalomaniac-in-charge).  In my spare time I did some sight seeing, and was drawn to the Ryugyong Hotel.  You can't not be. It's the tallest building in the country.  What I discovered was astounding.  On close inspection, it's quite apparent that the building was never intended to be a hotel.  I took pictures;  this one was never handed over. 

Now you know what we're dealing with.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally the real story has come out.

Beloved Leader said...

Little do you know

Beloved Leader said...

http://img283.imageshack.us/img283/2010/ryugyong9nn.gif

BWAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Anonymous said...

WHY OH WHY does everyone keep bringing up the name of Dhimmi Carter?

Every time you do, my anus puckers in outrage at our Former Feckless Leader. My stomach boils. I get the croup.

My brain conjures up Benedict Arnold, but at least he was a skilled military leader before his treason.

Then my brain relents, and brings to me instead an image of a softboiled egg. All weak and flaccid and quivering, and completely YELLOW inside.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Beloved Leader, that was super classified. I'm dying here!

B....... said...

Thanks - great way to brighten up my Monday morning Rodger (A.K.A Beloved Leader methinks)!

Anonymous said...

Top notch stuff Rog.

I've read several books written by people who have lived in the camps in the north. This place is truly the biggest hell hole on earth. Unspeakable depravity. Never hear squat from any of the usual leftie suspects.
MM

Anonymous said...

lololololol

another Classic from C&S...

Billy Clinton and Crew need to be spanked, or sent to Gitmo...

Anonymous said...

If I may join the chorus here in praising your fine work...just GREAT. This is yet another example of your blog is the best.
Rodger, you do 'have more fun than a human being should be allowed to have'! Big Props to ya, Juice

Rodger the Real King of France said...

As Mother Superior says, "You sure do crack yourself up."

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.