Thursday, October 26, 2006

10 Biggest Computer Flops of all time

10 Biggest Computer Flops of all time
This is hindsight, but if you asked me yesterday to make my own list, I think it would look very much like this one I would have included the Osborne. the legend had it that Osborne, the maker of the first popular portable computer, appeared on TV (60 Minutes, as I recall) and announced a new machine. That killed all sales on the Osborne, and the new machine never materialised. But, Robert X Cringley says that ain't so.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for this...

amazing

i remember the day, prior to any personal computer.

Anonymous said...

I love my TRS80. And I know this would not have happened if they didn't discontinue my beloved machine. -> For the quarter that ended on Sept. 30, Radio Shack posted a net loss of $16.3 million.

Anonymous said...

I bought a tandy computer that ran on dos and 5and onequarter inch floppies which the powers that be were to reimburse me for. It was so I could work at home and transfer files when at home. They came in and installed a 20 megabite hardcard and a modem then said they would not give me my money back for the machine because they had to buy those parts and send people to install. They thought wrong.I raised hell till they paid me for it. I still have the damn thing in the storage building.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.