Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I an in control - don't worry

Kaboom, Kaboom

The Baron
today reads off numbers that demonstrate the degree to which we are enslaved by a welfare system more pernicious than he, or I, could have thought possible. 

I promise you, I read the article and felt physically sick after I’d finished. That’s not hyperbole: I felt nauseated.

I am just one mention of the word "Amnesty" away from a tower and a high powered rifle as it is, so I did not read the whole article, but I read enough.  
 Fortunately, I have been so thoroughly grounded in a respect for the law, and the majesty of this noble experiment which is the United States, that I will remain holstered.  Instead, I'll write another novel.

This one is about a handsome, mild mannered all-American boy who becomes slightly unhinged after watching Edward Kennedy on C-Span.  So unhinged that he repairs to his garage and puts the finishing touches on  a 20 megaton suitcase nuke which he then detonates in the Capitol Rotunda 10 minutes into a State of the Union address.  The new government  moves the nation's capitol to the top of Mount McKinley, and proscribes  the building of  access roads or landing strips.  "Public servants" ride pack mules and goats to work. So arduous is this, and finding decent help just impossible, that congress is in session just 30 days every other year. Ten-thousand years of American peace, prosperity, and world supremacy follow, and the young man is honored by having Kennedy Airport renamed for him.

I need a cigarette,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And the best part, Schlong airport with no TSA, just damn good profilers.

Aleara said...

Schlong Airport: No jobs here Americans won't do.

Schlong Airport entrance: Stop. No really, stop, or die. We don't really care which option you choose.

SA welcomer: Hey, dummy, just show me the gun, not the license. I wanna see what's hot these days.

SA schwag bar: Bacon, ammo.

SA muzak: Howling deranged dogs, disturbingly close.

SA dog handlers: Off in Iraq, doing a job the Euros won't do.

SA flight attendants: What, you kidding? We have stewardesses. Sheesh.

SA bookstore: Kim

SA pop stand: Kid, I can give you a rum and coke, best I can do. But hold the coke.

SA exit: There may be one, unknown at this point.

-- Alear

MitchM said...

Rodger, I do believe a book of mini stories like this may be in order. Whip it up at least in printable form. I'm sure we would all buy one and we could make our own covers, take pics in interesting situations and email those to you. Sound fun or tedious? My energy drink is just about to kick in some I'm not sure.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.