Thursday, September 20, 2007

Civility War

Apres Moi, La Deluge


See you in the Mojave!
I saw this story yesterday.  What a bummer.  I don't think we've seen this level of division and raw hatred since the War of Rebellion era.  Certainly it would be hard to match  the vitriol leveled against Lincoln, but I think we have.  To wit:

The Massachusetts abolitionist Lysander Spooner excoriated the Lincoln regime for "destroying the voluntary union of the founders, waging an unnecessary war, and above all else, failing to end slavery peacefully as all other nations where slavery existed in the nineteenth century had done."  He used words like "jesuitical " against the Lincolns.  That's how they talked back then. 

You, sir, are a knave!
Oh yeah? Well you're a jesuitical bumpkin!
Pistols at dawn, sir!

Today they would call him Hitler.  Or schmucks like
Central Connecticut State University  student Lincoln or Beelzebub: Who is More Evil?"  What makes it doubly hard to stomach is that the Yeomans will support Hillary Clinton's bid for the White House, and are the same people who defended her husband's criminal White House enterprise.  WTF?

<Hate Break>
Hey asshole, look over there!
Wha ...

</Hate Break>

"Maryland, My Maryland,"  the official state song of Maryland was composed in 1861 and contains these lyrics.

The despot's (Lincoln) heel is on thy shore,
Maryland!
His torch is at thy temple door,
Maryland!
Avenge the patriotic gore
That flecked the streets of Baltimore,
And be the battle queen of yore,
Maryland! My Maryland!
and later:
I hear the distant thunder-hum,
Maryland!
The Old Line's bugle, fife, and drum,
Maryland!
She is not dead, nor deaf, nor dumb-
Huzza! she spurns the Northern scum!
She breathes! she burns! she'll come! she'll come!
Maryland! My Maryland!

<Hate Break>
Were I to write it today it would probably sound like



In my down times I'll admit to plotting ways to get about 2 million selected left-wing MFCS to a remote spot in the Mojave Desert where my B-52's single nuke will make things all better, but cause no collateral damage.  Fortunately for them, I can't even afford a new camera, let alone the required fuel.  I spend all my money on Prozac and Jack Daniels (That's some expensive shit. I think Hillary wants to give it to me for free which, of course, will free up a lot of funds.  How's that for irony?).

</Hate Break>

 I mean all of this in the good way, of course.  Like if I was a preacher trying to save souls. 

Amen.

Click-Click

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice beat, good rhymes, I give it an 8.

Like your lyrics better although I gotta admit, that old school stuff is good too. You guys really hold a grudge.
MM

Anonymous said...

LE deluge.

"After me, the flood"

OregonGuy said...

Who died and made Vonster Luuis XV?

Anonymous said...

That's some expensive shit. I think Hillary wants to give it to me for free which, of course, will free up a lot of funds. How's that for irony

But if she didn't have such ideas - would you even need the stuff?

TFV

Rodger the Real King of France said...

OMFG! That's right!

Anonymous said...

You forgot to capitalize the "g" in Gore.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.