Monday, February 18, 2008

Barn Army Video

Morning Report

Here's the updated Barn Army Kids Shoot film, but without the kids.  In other words, just the Barn Army.  The first go-around missed about a half-dozen people,  due to sloppy record keeping by my adjutant, Major Secretary Bunns (#28).  This time, every member has a number, which facilitates guessing who is who?  If the guesser happens to also be the guessee, then we have validation, otherwise I am not responsible if, say, Kim du Toit says he's number 34, when he's not. 

The Kids Day at the Barn video is also updated.

Let's begin. 

The King of France, and Archbishop of Canterbury is #22.  A lot of people ask, Hey Rodge, why did the King of France fight for the Yankees?  Well, it was a tough call.  The CSA had the legal, and slavery not withstanding, moral authority to secede. On the other hand, I was not native to any of the Confederate states, so I felt it was my obligation to fight, not so much for Lincoln, as against the Democrat party who were  undermining him at every corner. I hate liars and traitors, and Democrats were the traitors, during that conflict, not the Confederates.  Now here's something you didn't know.

After Lee surrendered his Army, at Appomattox, I met with Lincoln with this proposal.  We keep the vanquished South under arms, and restore full citizenship if they will join us in waging war on Democrats led by that traitorous scoundrel George B. McClellan.  Lincoln agreed, but was tragically assassinated before my commission as Chief General in Charge was made official. Nearly a century later, General George S. Patton, Jr., having read my memoirs, made the same proposal to Eisenhower in regard the German army, and filthy commies.   Little did he know that FDR's closest advisors were Democrats, and they squashed it. 

Carry on.

38 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wont say the Barn Army is shaping up, because that implies it was in need of something. Like cream rising to the top, in times of need the true Patriots will surface, do what needs to be done, and they fade back quietly. Im glad I'm on this side, cause its a fearsome lot when riled.
Tim

Juice said...

What a GREAT bunch of folks. Like I say, "Only the finest of people."

Here's my stab at the guessing, hope it's worth a laugh if nothing more. :~D
1.) Linda Sog
2.) Sven Colorado
4.) Tim W.
6.) TFV
8.) Casca
10.) Rodger?
16.) Dr. Hardcrab
19.) Mary
20.) Grumpyunk
25.) Kees Kennis
28.) Leeluu
29.) Annoyed One
34.) Stepberg
35.) PRS
37.) Jake
38.) Rodger's Dad
41.) MM
47.) MoSup
50.) Jodi
51.) Jodi's dog prayed for
57.) looks like (matured) Will Sasso
59.) Lt.Col.Gen.Tailgunner dick
60.) TUA
61.) Cannon Man
62.) Cousin Joe
63.) SondraK
65.) Vanessa Dobos
66.) Sad old Goth
67.) Queen Ann

Anonymous said...

Cool Juice. You got me. Hey Rog, I, for one, wouldn't mind putting some names to those faces.
MM

Juice said...

MM, it was the stained glass that led me to suspect. ;)

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Not bad Juice. Seventeen of your twenty-nine were correct, or 26% of the total. .

Anonymous said...

Juice cheated. She's met me.
Tim

Rodger the Real King of France said...

If you care to identify yourself, please do.

Anonymous said...

Juice, you're wrong about #2.

Anonymous said...

King,
BA59 Lt. Col. Gen. Tailgunner dick reporting for duty, Sir!

Anonymous said...

# 26 M J Slack-R-Me
Pvt. Lance Corporal First Class

Anonymous said...

Yup, I'm #34. Great job, Rodge!

We can take em so let's get to it! Oh, and even though my husband doesn't comment, he's around and has a deep love and affection for the .50 from APCs and as a door gunner for his second go-around in Vietnam. He loves him some 'fitty'. If ya need him, he's there!

Stepperg

Anonymous said...

#46

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Stepps ... all I need is a pitcher (bigger=Better" and an ask.

Anonymous said...

Where in the heck is that famous agitator, cuchieddie?

MoFiZiX Gr4FiX said...

Ahhh... to be 17 again (with what I know today). You know what they say; "hind site is 20-20."

Juice said...

Thanks for your not bad comment Rodger, but we all know 26% if a failed score! ;p
Anyway, I-yam-what-I-yam, so no prob putting a name on mine.

BlogDog said...

#52

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure DuToit is #44.

I'm glad to see Acidman (may he rest in peace)an honorary member of the Barn Army.

I recognized Denny (GOC) but couldn't remember his number.

Finding me was easy.

Anonymous said...

I'm the fuzzy face at #36

MitchM

Anonymous said...

>>>

Back up one for me, Juice...

I probably should send him a different pic.....

AnnoyedOne said...

Yup, me <== #29

I dunno why Rodger didn't use the original pic I sent him. Instead I'm now a member of the Australian cricket team--which is #1 in the world so I'll take that ;-)

Anonymous said...

Rodge, I think Cuchieddie is gonna get involved around here. He does frequent recons and laughs....hard.

Funny guy.

Stepperg

AnnoyedOne said...

Hell I must be Rodgers longest fan. Been hanging around for 8 maybe 9 years. Others have come and gone but Rodg is still here--as am I ;-)

K-nine said...

I'm in there twice! A glass of bourbon in 14, black leather jacket, a .357 and a .40 in 18.

Anonymous said...

(#12)

KeesKennis said...

Scout KeesKennis reporting at #25.
Attenshun!!!
Great line up Rodger

Anonymous said...

68 correct,Boazo-AKA-Ozaob

Anonymous said...

That's meself at #48.
GrinfilledCelt

Anonymous said...

Often rumored, seldom seen. #56

Anonymous said...

#16

Anonymous said...

Oh, and interesting that Juice would pick me as #35, because he is the other half of the Elderly Brothers, my partner for our upcoming Soft Food Tour.

Anonymous said...

numma fitty fo.

Kim du Toit said...

Real men don't give a rat's ass about numbers. Just don't make it longer than my old Army number -- in fact, I'll just go by my old Army number anyway.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Was that the Boer army Kim? We'll have to find you some new duds though, more befitting a man of your talent.

Peter said...

I'm number thirteen, I'm the only 61 year old Lance Corporal in the world.

James Hooker - Nipple Whisperer said...

Rodger, after being offline for almost two months, I get broadband today and I am promptly greeted with this post. You're still nuts I see, and yes, I'm flattered, flummoxed and flatulated. 33 huh? I like it.

Bombbay doors open.

James Hooker - Nipple Whisperer said...

how do you spell "bombbay?"

Billll said...

Gny Cpl Billll at #61.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.