Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Simply Rugged Stuff

RAK Leather Stuff
roll for backside

Simply Rugged
I have a 1 ¾ inch site extender on my .45 ACP which gives me an edge, relatively speaking, in Bullseye matches.  The prollem is that it's been impossible to fit it with a stock holster, like what MoSup likes me to wear when I'm vacuuming the rugs.  But wait!

RAK happens to be in the custom leather bidness, and offered to  send me  a sample of his work.  I explained the extender  deal, he said no problem, and  likkety-split this showed up with yesterday's mail.  I'm blown away by the quality.  I love the little novelty key chain, and utility bullet and magazine holder, all top quality.. 

If anyone would like Rob to do you, let him know here in the comments.  I'd give his business address myself, but there are reasons not to.  Now,  MoSup wants a leather saddle that fits me.  Whoa!


9 comments:

Timbeaux said...

That key chain is classic! But I travel through too many airports...

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! RAK, please drop me a line.

Anonymous said...

Roger,
It looks like you'll be needing a belt for the Bubba's Bullet Buckle.
Send me the waist size measurement, I'll need it for the saddle cinch anyways, and the OTHER thing you ordered, if I can find enough black leather and those pointed chrome studs...

Anonymous said...

RAK, if you would be so kind, please drop me a line. If it doesn't show up here, laughingwolf.net Thanks!

And Roger, keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Rodge-

That is quite a beautiful bullseye 1911.

Who did the work?

Is it a Clark?

Also, you have nice looking leather on that big boy.

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Hank Holder, form USNA pistol team coach and Bullseye Champion did the gun smithing.

cmblake6 said...

RAK, I'm quite interested in your work. Is there a website with your name on it? I've got a Commander and several Witnesses that need decent gear.

cmblake6 said...

Ah, wait! Did I just see "Simply Rugged" on that holster? I've read many good things about you!

smibsid said...

Cruising you archives , and thought I'd let you know that I just picked up a "secretary of the Navy" tropy M1 Garand this week ! SMIBSID ; ) >

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.