Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Roomba Miracle

MIRACLE


You may remember that Roomba's heart was giving out, but I continued to use it.  This morning I noticed it had been running a long time, maybe 30 minutes, as opposed to the 10 it was down to.  I went out just as it was docking itself.  It parked, the charge light  went on when, of a sudden, Roomba jumped up (literally, like when it's caught on something) and shot out of there in a flash.  The motor speed had increased considerably, and it just now reparked  after going another 30 minutes.  It's a miracle, I tell you.  A Roomba miracle!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you didnt rebuild the battery like I did?
Tim

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Nope ... cost as much as a new one almost, and I don't know what I'm doing.

Anonymous said...

Did you rebuild the battery Tim? I vaguely remember something about that. How'd it work?

Casca

Anonymous said...

That picture looks like Scott McClellans new career.

righty gomez

Anonymous said...

I just checked. They went up in price (for the kits) on ebay. I payed less than 30 bucks to overhaul mine. Other options are out there. Google 'hacking roomba battery' for details.
Tim

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.