Wednesday, October 15, 2008

George Stephanopoulos gave it to McCain .. switched to FOX News, which I almost can't watch anymore for this reason. Bill Kristol et. al. watch debates with a technician's eye, like Roger Ebert spending an entire summer going over Citizen Kane frame-by-frame. These Beltway clowns have lost any ability to feel the ebb and flow of excitement or despair as it develops. My guess is that McCain will be called the winner tonight, but the Morning Shows will get it straight that Obama won. Too bad for them. McCain won, and Obama is caught telling easily refuted whoppers that will be bandied about the nation's water coolers, because the nets won't bother. McCain's fortunes should pick up, IMO. He was a man.
The next several posts are my thoughts as the "debate" progressed.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep Rodger.. McCain came out swinging and didn't let up.. Well, maybe a tiny bit in the last couple of minutes..

You nailed it with the 'caught in easily refuted lies'...

We'll I'm going to sleep a lot better tonigght..


bullseye

Anonymous said...

What happened to Berg vs. Obama? Didn't he have till today to produce a Birth Certificat to the Court?

Anonymous said...

Agreed Rodger, but wtf is with that goofy grin when he lands a punch? Can't his handlers be honest enough with him to explain righteous indignation?

Casca

Rodger the Real King of France said...

I didn't notice a McCain goofy grin, but Obama's was nauseating.

Anonymous said...

IMO, Maverick won on a split decision.

cmblake6 said...

I was quite pleased with JMs performance. I'd have liked to see a death blow or 12, but not bad. What would Teh Saracuda have done? Oooooo, shivers.

cmblake6 said...

And then I went through the rest of the stuff below. I agree. I gave McCain a clear win, but a technical win. I wanted to see him truly go for the throat, but he never really did.

OregonGuy said...

in re: McCain's Goofy Grin

Given the beating that man has had his face put through, that he can achieve "rictus" is a pleasure for me.

Here is an image from a former war. A war the Left insisted--and insists--we lose.

Whatever he does, I look to his eyes. They say the eyes are the window to the soul.
.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.