Thursday, January 29, 2009

Somalia

Here's an idea


Somilian Pirate
I can't remember the name of this movie, I want to say it was a Michael Crichton book.  It opens in some African village, with  missionaries tending the sick.  A startling discovery is made.  It seems something like West Nile Viris, or Black Plague is  killing the people like flies. There's a monkey involved . 

Next scene.  CDC helicopters, maybe WHO too, descend on the village to take care of the afflicted.  Not  They seal the village off, after rounding up any who've wandered away, and napalm the village and its inhabitants to hell.  The ultimate quarantine.

We learn that this desperate act was necessary, in order to save the millions, if not billions, who would die had this virus  spread.  That got me to thinking.  How come nobody has done this to Somalia.  A worthless, disease ridden, al-Qaedan infested den of criminals and pirates  that has no purpose remotely worthy. A threat to the world, on a level with Seattle. I mean, WTF? Am I wrong?

10 comments:

Nate said...

Outbreak. Dustin Hoffman, Renee Russo, Morgan Freeman.

cmblake6 said...

I like it. Quick, simple, effective. A solid two thumbs up!

Anonymous said...

You have any idea what the napalm carbon footprint is? Geeze... Al Gore's head would expl... Oh, wait. Good idea, Rodge.
—DougM

Anonymous said...

I'm so sick of hearing about 'green' stuff that started burning tires as a hobby.
Tim

Anonymous said...

Like I wrote yesterday we have no one with the balls willing to give the order to do the work, That needs to be done in Somalia and Iran. It would save millions of lives. We will wait till its to late and every one will say "I can't believe they used a nuke on Isreal are New York City". Just like after 9-11 same old song over and over again. No one will accept the blame, The Cowards in Washington are a bunch of spineless do-nothing son of bitches. I miss Ronald Reagan

"My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes."

It was a Joke but the rest of the world knew Reagan would push that button to protect America. not like these panty waste jokes we have in Washington now.

Spanky

Wabano said...

Talking about thick column of smoke...(burning tires).

If you see one of those driving around in Italy, that's the
business advertisement of a naked
beaver...literally!
(However, the rest of her might look like an eagle in a power dive, or a battle axe).

Kim du Toit said...

Can't we just seal off Seattle instead?

Rodger the Real King of France said...

Now that you have time General Kim, I'm appointing you theater commander. Plan.

Anonymous said...

YES, Kim as theatre commander I feel better already. I was just at your old site yesterday, tearfully, yet reviewing the SHTF grab n' go page, thanks for keeping that up. I took a measured accounting of items I had to yours to adjust accordingly to my climate/surroundings.

Anonymous said...

Another good one is "The White Plague" by Frank Herbert (yes, the author of Dune).

80s tale of a medical researcher whose family is killed by an IRA bomber and decides to home-cook a bio-weapon genetically targeted at the families of the bombers.

Herbert wrote in the forward (20 years ago!) how scared when he researched the concept that someone who know genetic engineering could REALLY play havoc with the world in a kitchen with a VERY small sum of money....

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.