Monday, March 30, 2009

Stealing Stuff

The (relatively) new (but growing) moral dichotomy
A "Write something or do my taxes" post

I run into one of these things just about every day.  Now that God has been replaced by moral relativism, there are many more examples one could display, if one wished, like thinking it's okay to vote for democrats. But I tarry.

The example on the left uses a favorite tool of progressives, the false premise.  Intellectual property has intrinsic value, and copying it is the same as counterfeiting money - it dilutes the value of every genuine counterpart, which is theft.

Because of my upbringing, when I steal good ideas from Denny Wilson, or the Lounge, I know I'm being bad, and I can't sleep at night.  I don't pretend it's okay; I suffer terribly.  On the other hand, it is okay to stiff the government for every cent you can, because this government is no better than a den of pirates.  By "stiff"  I mean avoid paying taxes, not evade them. That's a nuance that eludes gummint  democrats.

4 comments:

Desert Cat said...

Aha! But you are using a "Federal Reserve Note" in that visual example. That's exactly what banks do every time they write a loan, and what the Federal Reserve itself has been doing at an astronomical rate in recent weeks. Taking our Benjamins and making them worth less by "making copies", lots of copies, thus devaluing the ones in our pocket.

If they can't tax you by taking the Benjamins out of your pocket, they'll tax you by diluting the ones you keep.

Our whole system of money is based on what could reasonably be called a fraud. Banks are just government-licensed fraudsters.

Denny said...

Steal my stuff anytime you like.

Jim - PRS said...

I tried stealing some of Denny Wilson's guitar licks, but he plays that classical shit -- hard to steal.

Daran said...

Lefty media industry using their voice to raise my taxes, me using P2P networks to keep my money in my pocket. I'd say it balances.

Post a Comment

Just type your name and post as anonymous if you don't have a Blogger profile.